New hangout, exited!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New hangout, exited!

It's still in construction and won't be done till February

Yes... It was a church =/

It's gonna be a mix of a bar, club and lounge for the military students (and invited) on the campus base. Being voted in as the new manager, I have an unlimited budget for the DJ booth, sound system and anything else that needs purchasing to make it a very popular venue on the weekends. Its HUGE inside, with separate rooms for bar, lounge and the dance floor. DJ booth is gonna be set up in the balcony that usually holds the organ lol!
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~

Congrats dude hope it all works out well !

Tech Mentor

Nice man ! at the moment it looks like something out of Amityville BUT its got scope Lucky you ! Unlimited Budget what kit you thinking of putting in ?

Haha, yea it is kinda creepy right now, but that only because its in full construction. Problem now is that it just started snowing, so I'm praying that the construction company managed to finish the insulation so that they can be started on the inside while its winter.

For set up, I'm thinking a Rane mixer, 2 Technics 1200's and 2 CDJ-1000's. Not sure what else to put in there. Light wise, we are going with both lights and lasers, maybe a couple fog machines, not too sure. I'm getting a custom made sound system made for it. Haven't really sat down and done my research on what to put into it yet.

Congrats dude!

Looks and sounds really cool to build something like that and not worry about a budget!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by P-Phunk View Post
    Haha, yea it is kinda creepy right now, but that only because its in full construction. Problem now is that it just started snowing, so I'm praying that the construction company managed to finish the insulation so that they can be started on the inside while its winter.

For set up, I'm thinking a Rane mixer, 2 Technics 1200's and 2 CDJ-1000's. Not sure what else to put in there. Light wise, we are going with both lights and lasers, maybe a couple fog machines, not too sure. I'm getting a custom made sound system made for it. Haven't really sat down and done my research on what to put into it yet.

sound good man something to inspire you

wow thats pretty awesome dude, shop pics when finished, and i know your are going to be going all out on the dj booth huh.

where is this place at, sounds like a road trip for some friends when it gets done
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Really loving the Watergate in Berlin for this:

This is the secret behind the LED Disco Panel.

I think Water-Gate has one of the coolest concepts for a club at the moment!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Really loving the Watergate in Berlin for this:

This is the secret behind the LED Disco Panel.

I think Water-Gate has one of the coolest concepts for a club at the moment!
    I gota go Berlin next year my sis went there this year said the nightlife was amazing that club looks a must go !!

This place is 30 mins south of Montreal in Canada. Its like 45 mins north of the border with New York I think.

WOW Tekki, you are awesome for showing me this. I donno if my superiors will accept something like this, but for sure I will be putting forward some of the idea's from that site.

R2D2, that booth is OFF THE HOOK! I want I want I want. I think 8 TT's are a bit much, but I want to make sure that any DJ that spins at the club will have good equipment to use, but nothing too overboard. The military follows the KISS doctrine very closely.

The building unfortunately will be used for more then just parties and drinking, it has to be able to have formal dinners and such, so I have to be able to juggle between a night club / bar setting and a more "club room" setting (that can be booked for events and such. I know a lot of smaller clubs run like this too, but its still too early to think this far ahead.

If anybody wants to pitch in on what they like to see when they go to spin at a club, I'm all ears.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast