250 budget for...

Default 250 budget for...

i got a budget of 250 for soundcard and controller i was going to get the denon sc2000 and make my own midi mixer now im having second thoughs and possibly thinking of mixtrack pro. or hercules rmx.

I use traktor pro and usually only mix 2 decks and use the other 2 for samles and mixing beats in.

suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

You cant go wrong with an RMX for the price, really really solid (and heavy BTW) piece of kit and does not in any any feel like "just another controller" more like a real DJ mixer (like an older vestax) although liking the look of the jogs on the mixtrack... mmmmmm BIG

Tech Wizard

Go with a Mixtrack proper (not pro) and an Audio 2 DJ. Can't go wrong! It's my current setup and I love it! Until I get my DVS and custom controllers made that is ...

So i think i came to a decision either an Hercules MK4 or RMX any opinions on the two would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

dont get the mk4 unless you want to look like your playing with a mini controller, not a midi controller
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

My rig cost $300 - Numark Total Control and Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ. I did a lot of work on a custom mapping - you can check it out here: http://djstormeagle.com/midi-mapping.html I've been using it for almost one and a half years and it suited my needs quite well while I was starting out.
    www.djstormeagle.com

DJ Gear: Traktor Pro 2|Traktor Kontrol S4|Macbook Pro
    Audio Gear: Crown XLS 1500|Behringer 212XL|Gemini GVX-SUB 15P
    Lighting: American DJ Galaxian 3D|American DJ LED Megabar 50|American DJ Mini Fog

yeah. if youre going to drop $200 on the controller its self: the TC is a good choice. better than the mk4
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

mk4 looks and feels like a toy - wouldn't touch it with someone elses

RMX Is a solid lump of kit - built like a real mixer.

Numarks are still plasticky but If it was choice between Mixtrack and TC it'd be Mixtrack for me.

Tech Guru

I would not get an RMX. I had one at one point and it does not have any dedicated knobs for effects. Which means you have to use the EQ knobs. That's never fun.

I've always thought the DJ TECH IMix Reload to be a nice looking controller. I also prefer touch sensitive jog wheels. I've seen them on line from 180-199 bucks.

Get a quality sound card seperate from the controller. Audio 2's are selling online for 80.00. This way if you want to get a better controller down the road you already have your sound card. I would get his well before any Hercules currerntly out.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

The hercules rmx is a good heavy controller but the jog-wheels are not cool at all. The mixtrack looks cool with the big touch sensitive jog-wheels and knobs for fx, but it also looks like plastic. The rmx has the built in audio card but it's quite lacking. the headphone output is very low quality and flat, and you really wouldn't want to hook it up to a large soundsystem due to the low quality sound it puts out. i now use an audio 2 instead.