Need Backup Help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need Backup Help!

Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for an external hard drive to store all my music on. I am looking for either a 1TB or 2TB hard drive. I want to buy it on BlackFriday so I started doing my research today, and I fell upon a lot of hard drives that have people complaining that they are unreliable.

I was just wondering, what do you guys use? What would you suggest I buy?

Preferably looking at a 2TB one.

Thanks in advance,
    Coldfuzion

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Essential-External-Drive/dp/B000W9RNOA[/ame] This one seems to have some good reviews.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Currently I'm all hot for Seagate-drives (and possess two external ones myself). Had quite some problems (including total data loss) with Western Digital.

What I recommend you is to get some online-storage and upload all your music to the web (mustn't be linked to a domain). This keeps me sleeping at night.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Can't go wrong with Lacie drives.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/LaCie-FireWire800-FireWire400-External-301500U/dp/B002KPUX2S[/ame]
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Omni - I read the review for the 2TB one of that same model, a lot of people were saying don't buy it. That's actually the one that made me create this post because I wanted to see what everyone else recommended instead of that.

Hedge - Are your Seagate ones working fine? How long have you had them for? And what sites would you suggest for online storage? Thing is I want to use an external hard drive to store all my music on, and then depending on the gig i'm playing, upload like 10 / 20gb worth of music onto my laptop and bring the drive along as well. So if anything happens to the drive, I have my music on my laptop ready to go anyway.

Photo - The only problem with that is its price , I can get another companies 2TB one for half the price of that on Black Friday, but if its truly worth the price, I guess i'll dish it out. And how long have you had yours? Has it worked perfectly?

I guess in general there will always be a lemon for every type of product, i'm just hoping to find a brand with the least amount of lemons :P.

Thanks again for all your input guys,
    Coldfuzion

Just get a 64Gb memory stick, haha. I don't know how people can go wrong with any type of external hard drive. It's just a storage device...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

One of my dropped from height of 6 inches (!). All data was unrecoverable.

I've had one Seagate-hdd for 14 months and another one for 6 months. They travel a lot each week in my backpack and I dropped one twice but they're still fine.

i have a 4tb NAS western digital at home.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    i have a 4tb NAS western digital at home.
    and balls of steel!

As of right now, I guess I am locked onto the Seagate 2TB which i'm getting for $90.

Thanks for your responses guys!
    Last edited by Coldfuzion; 11-23-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast