big noob w/ big problems, please help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default big noob w/ big problems, please help!

ok so i just got my vci-100se all setup, got traktor pro downloaded, etc etc.

i was watching ean golden's "setting up traktor pro for the first time" video on youtube and im a bit confused...
    first off, theres no "midi controller" tab in my traktor preferences box, so that trips me out a bit.
    secondly, when i use the default mapping that comes with traktor for my
    vci-100, everything works except for the jog wheels(big sad face) and the loop/2 button. oh and also the tempo faders dont work either.
    thirdly, when i import the DJTT mapping for the controller, it does nothing.
    and the controller does nothing too, none of the buttons work anymore and its super frustrating!

oh and one more thing, with the default mapping from traktor, i used to be able to use effects while playing tracks with traktor le, but now that ive upgraded to pro, the effects dont work anymore... like it says theyre on and the knobs work but nothing happens to the sound of the track..

i know this is alot but im really frustrated with all this trouble im having! someone please help!! im going nuts!!!!!!

What version of Tpro are you using??

when you say downloaded TPro do you mean updated your legal copy or...

Anyway, try reloading the tsi with the big import button and restarting traktor a couple of times.

The tab should be called controller manager, TPro has updated a bit since that video was made. Check the IN/OUT settings in the top right of that tab and amke sure both are set to your VCI.

You need to turn on the effects for a given deck. next to each deck you will see little buttons marked 1 & 2, click one and it will light up then that FX bank will work on that deck.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

im using the latest traktor pro version, i believe its 1.2.7

and i do turn on the FX to make the light go on but it still doesnt work

Tech Convert

oh and i bought the traktor le to pro upgrade download

Quote Originally Posted by DJoke View Post
    oh and i bought the traktor le to pro upgrade download
    I don't get what you just typed. Did you buy Traktor LE, then buy the Pro upgrade but download them both online (As in get it from NI but digitally)? Or did you buy Traktor LE, then get the Pro from a torrent site (or whatever else)? Or did you download both from a torrent site?

I am not asking to flame at you for torrenting, just fyi. Jus curious to see if it could have an implication, and I want your gear to work so you can contribute to the community as well !

The VCI comes with LE so I assume he upgraded online.

DJoke, can you upload a full screenshot of your Traktor screen when you think the effects should be working? It has to be turned on by the deck and on the FX bank itself, are you using chained or advanced?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

when you import the mapping make sure in the controller manager where it says device next to that should be in and out port. Make sure the both say VCI. Often times they are blank and it wont work that way.

Cheers
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Convert

@Coldfuzion yeah traktor LE came with my vci-100se and i bought the pro upgrade download on the native instruments site

@fullenglishpint yeah sure! just let me figure out how to do that and i will ahahah, but im sure the effects are on, like the orange circle beside the fx name goes on and stuff, its weird cuz it works when im mixing with a mouse but it doesnt when i try with my controller :S

@haze324 thanks alot! didnt know that before :| i hope this works!!

I think Ur missing what he's saying about the FX needing to be turned on in TWO different "areas". Use the 2d or 4d internal mixing mode and you'll see square buttons that also need to be turned on.

I don't own a vci so can't help u with anything there, but make sure your in/outs are set as others have mentioned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast