Behringer DDM4000 or Allen&Heath Xone:22?????????
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Behringer DDM4000 or Allen&Heath Xone:22?????????

As of right now i only have a M-Audio X session pro, and 2 midi fighters for djing with traktor, and i am wanting to get a better mixer but cannot decide between the Xone:22 and the DDM4000!!!

The Xone22 has less features and only 2 channels, but Allen&Heath seems to be known for making better quality equipment.

The DDM4000 has 4 channels and a ton of built in effects! buuut is about $100 more, and im just not too sure about Behringer. I dont know how there stuff is compared to Allen&Heath.

So if someone has one of these two mixers, could you tell what you like/dont like about it? or if anyone knows anything in general about them.

Thanks so much!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

A&H

Regards quality the A&H is an industry standard, behringer are known for knocking out cheap gear with tons of features at literally "throw-away when your done" prices ..

If you don't need the midi functionality of the Behringer (its strong point) go with the A&H... built in FX on any dj mixer I would not be too concerned about

A&H = BMW
    Behringer = Daewoo

If you had said you wanted a midi functions I'd be saying the Behringer as its serious bang for buck but sounds like your not interested in that side of it.
    Last edited by deevey; 11-25-2010 at 01:21 AM.

Tech Guru

http://www.djforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1924230

and i can't find a review someone did when they actually took it apart but the reason i got it was bc of the features for the price.

what soundcard do you have though? and how many channels you gonna use?

bc the grey (gain) knobs dont work on the ddm in midi mode.

this doesn't bother me tho since i use channel 2 and 3 as deck a and b.
    then a gain knob for each deck assigned, and a filter and volume fader for decks c and d as sample decks.

i use the audio2, but might b getting the audio8
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Got to agree with Deevey.

Go for the Xone:22 if you want a great quality 2 channel standard mixer.

If you want to use the mixer in full MIDI, I think you cannot go wrong with the DDM.

Sound quality should be better on the Xone so that could be your decision maker.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Default Behringer DDM4000 FTW

Seriously...

This Friday...wait...wait...

Before this Friday. If you are in the United States and have a Guitar Center, or something like it near....

Go to this and get your 15% off coupon at link: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Promos/C....aspx?pid=2314

Then on Friday, go to Guitar Center, or some store like it that will Price Match and have them match the coupon.

Then pick up the DDM4000 and you not only have a mixer, but you also have a controller that you can map and is deep with features.

I have 2 Behringer DDM4000 and I love them. No problems, issues or trouble with mine. Get into yours when you get it and check it out if you have concerns.

Behringer is working hard to become a player in the industry and repair a badly damaged reputation. You'll love your new DDM4000.

Check out YouTube.com for vids and get your 15% off coupon before this Friday (Black Friday). You won't regret it.

I didnt know that the DDM4000 had midi assignable buttons.... that would be good. Does traktor recognize it and have its own midi assignments when its connected? or would i have to assign a lot of it myself?

Also, i have an audio 2, which is enough for a mixer. but only 2 channels? or would i need an audio 4 for 4 channels? (prolly a dumb question)

If i would need a different soundcard then i will prolly just end up getting the Xone:22. Which is fine with me. Because i feel like i am looking for something that would last me a long time, and have a little better sound quality.

I do feel like that i would be alright without as many features on the Xone:22, because if i want to get more features, effects n such, i can just buy more equipment haha.

Quote Originally Posted by b3nz0n8 View Post
    Seriously...

This Friday...wait...wait...

Before this Friday. If you are in the United States and have a Guitar Center, or something like it near....

Go to this and get your 15% off coupon at link
    Sounds like a good deal! but im gone all weekend... :/ ha

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I didnt know that the DDM4000 had midi assignable buttons
    Not just buttons - almost everything is assignable ... yep you'll probably need to do alot of the mapping yourself though the midi setup (on the mixer), you can assign all the various areas to midi (if you want)

It is plain ol' midi out though so factor in a usb-midi into the cost

The audio 2 should be just fine for output of traktor decks on 2 separate mixer channels and use the cue on the mixer... if you want 4 channels you need the audio 8 I think ? .... i thought the audio4 only had 2stereo ins/ 3 outs inc headphones? (someone else jump in)

Behringer gear is a bit hit n' miss regards their QC but if it survives a month or two it'll probably last a lifetime, anything that can go wrong will go wrong within the warranty period.... it is alotta toy for that kinda cash
    Last edited by deevey; 11-25-2010 at 02:44 AM.

Allen & Grief, every time.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Asand View Post
    http://www.djforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1924230

and i can't find a review someone did when they actually took it apart but the reason i got it was bc of the features for the price.
    Here it is: http://forum.speakerplans.com/inside...217_page1.html
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast