Suggest a decent 2 channel mixer for me pls.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suggest a decent 2 channel mixer for me pls.

I am fully external using an X1 and a mixer, or will be once I can choose which mixer to buy. I am looking for a decent 2 channel mixer, I don't want to spend the hundreds and hundreds an Allen & Grief would cost, and so far I have only really seen numark and Gemini mixers that don't cost the earth, but even when I started mixing on the old 1210s I wouldn't have bought one, so unless they have upped their game I'd like to stay away from them. It's got to have a relatively small footprint too, and it can be quite simple as Traktor has all the knobs and whistles I need incorporated.

I am on the look out for a DJM-300 as it would fit the bill perfectly, but if anyone can suggest anything else I would appreciate it greatly.

I currently use a FaderFox DJ2 with my X1 and mix internally.

Thanks, I love you all.

Seriously.

Tech Student

A&H Xone:22 is a very nice mixer, and its price is not so high

Played around with the DJM400 and liked it a lot. The FX were good and the knobs were solid.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Quote Originally Posted by ginzburg View Post
    A&H Xone:22 is a very nice mixer, and its price is not so high
    It's almost £300 in the uk......great mixer though, it's in my sights

I'm leaning towards a Denon DX-N120, anyone got any experience of them?
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

I've played on a friend's djm 300. I stayed in the green so couldn't notice first hand, but being from the djm 500/600 era there's a chance it will distort badly if pushed a bit into the red.
    What I didn't like was down to not having a cue/master level pot for better headphone monitoring. The djm 400 has the same limitation, but some effects. Don't know whether it has the 800's limiter or how badly it distorts.

Yo how much skrilla you looking to drop on this bad boy, as in how cheap is cheap. Check out decks.co.uk for their b grade stock, its how I picked up my VCI-100.

excuse the website, but sexy looking mixer!

Vestax Guber 180G

Tech Wizard

I love my DN-X120. It's a great no frills mixer. Heavy scratchers probably won't like it, but for me it works great. It's one of the few mixers under $300 with balanced outputs.
    DVS setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DPDJ-101, Numark DXM06, Novation Dicer, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 8DJ
    Controller setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DN-SC2000, Denon DN120X, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 2DJ,

Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    I've played on a friend's djm 300. I stayed in the green so couldn't notice first hand, but being from the djm 500/600 era there's a chance it will distort badly if pushed a bit into the red.
    What I didn't like was down to not having a cue/master level pot for better headphone monitoring. The djm 400 has the same limitation, but some effects. Don't know whether it has the 800's limiter or how badly it distorts.
    I had a 300 for years when I was on 1210s, never had a problem with it tbh.

For headphone monitoring I use my ears
    Tony the Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmydaze View Post
    Yo how much skrilla you looking to drop on this bad boy, as in how cheap is cheap. Check out decks.co.uk for their b grade stock, its how I picked up my VCI-100.
    Yo Dave, I wanted to spend £100 or less, but that limits me to Nomarks and Gemini rubbish. Think I am gonna have to can the 'cheap' aspect unless I can bag a bargain on ebay.

Will look out on decks. maybe you can have a word with your inside man for me

CANNONBALL!
    Tony the Pony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast