Quantize in Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Quantize in Traktor Pro

I'm having trouble getting Traktor Pro to quantize my actions. I'm trying to do something simple like start a second track in phase with the first.

I tried Play/Pause+Phase Sync. But the Phase Sync seems to be ignored. I have to press the button again for the Phase Sync to work.

I also tried turning on Quantize by checking the button. But that doesn't seem to help either.

How do you do this? It was cake in 3.4. Damn it!
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

what is Quantized, as i see this in Ableton also so was kinda curious what its for...

Tech Wizard

when an action is quantized it lines input key strokes up to a tempo grid, because human hands will never be 100% accurate at playing a note on time over and over again.

say you were to play a high hat every 1/16 note for instance. when input quantize is activated in Ableton any note played will fall directly on the selected quantize parameter rather than playing exactly as keyed, which would have a more natural waver. patterns entered without quantize can also be quantized after the fact.

quantize works the same in Traktor but is limited to 1/4 notes AFAIK. meaning that if you attempt to press play on a track a little early or a little off the beat it will automatically adjust your timing.

s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheph View Post
    quantize works the same in Traktor but is limited to 1/4 notes AFAIK. meaning that if you attempt to press play on a track a little early or a little off the beat it will automatically adjust your timing.

s.
    ...Well, it's supposed to. Or maybe it does, but just not for me. What's up with this? Anyone have a solution to starting a track in sync with the master track in Traktor Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by B33SON View Post
    ...Well, it's supposed to. Or maybe it does, but just not for me. What's up with this? Anyone have a solution to starting a track in sync with the master track in Traktor Pro?
    Drop a cue point and use cue play

Actually playing TPro now, snap is off, quantize is off and the deck is synced to the master clock - whenever i hit play it starts in time to the music.

Tech Wizard

B33SON, I have the same problem. seems like TP don't support this action....... this feature it's essential to me.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=75209

I noticed this Yesterday as well... I had a friend come over with his CDJ-1000 mk3s to test Scratch Pro. This happened all over again and again. It was so frustrating.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Actually playing TPro now, snap is off, quantize is off and the deck is synced to the master clock - whenever i hit play it starts in time to the music.
    Hmm... maybe I don't understand how Master works in TPro. The first deck playing is obviously set to Master... but when I look at what seems to be the Global Master/Tempo/Phase panel all controls are gray'd out and I have no ability to tap or anything. Could I be missing a setting (because I have Traktor Scratch as well)? It makes sense that with Traktor Scratch that the CDJs have control over tempo... I'd think phase could be controlled in Traktor, but maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    I noticed this Yesterday as well... I had a friend come over with his CDJ-1000 mk3s to test Scratch Pro. This happened all over again and again. It was so frustrating.
    How often have you used Traktor Pro Scratch? I just used this for the first time last night. Works well unless you're scratching with the the play button off... which I don't do much anyhow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast