OT: Craigslist - Traktor S4 for $1100.00 (LOL) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i can walk into just about any GC or order thru amazon and get it same day or within three days. Please dont try to school us on supply and demand. The day that it released my boy said they had plenty in stock and kept several off the floor to have plenty of units every days.

All hype, sorry.

Karlos...."Traktor Scratch S4"? Us DVS guys are waiting for it! Oh yeah get me on the beta tester list, please please please!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

people were acting the same way when the X1 came out... I had people offering me $400 for one of mine... i mean, just wait 3 weeks and you can get one at normal price... people are nuts some times...

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    people were acting the same way when the X1 came out... I had people offering me $400 for one of mine... i mean, just wait 3 weeks and you can get one at normal price... people are nuts some times...
    very tru, about the x1's. i held off for some time until i got one and I fell in love with the unit.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If six people on one forum can't get one it's a worldwide crisis for people that only read that forum. It's like all the hoopla with the iPhone 4. I walked in on release day, no line and bought one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

I'm fairly new to Dj equipment, do you guys noticed a drop in price over the age of a product? I've been shopping around and I see some old stuff being sold from the supplier at a price like its brand spanking new tech or something.

Do they budge over time? Or just create cheaper products?

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If six people on one forum can't get one it's a worldwide crisis for people that only read that forum. It's like all the hoopla with the iPhone 4. I walked in on release day, no line and bought one.
    This is very tru, I know a forum member that works at the apple store, its kinda far from my house, but he told me that I can go to his store on any major release and get what I want, and just walk in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    I'm fairly new to Dj equipment, do you guys noticed a drop in price over the age of a product? I've been shopping around and I see some old stuff being sold from the supplier at a price like its brand spanking new tech or something.

Do they budge over time? Or just create cheaper products?
    You can find them pretty cheap on amazon.com place you dont pay taxes. Or play the regular price here at DJTT and support our site.

It is supply and demand, but just in that certain demographic. People sometimes are too dumb to look around (15 ~ 20 miles from where they live) to get what they want at a fair (or at the MSRP) price. As for the $1100, it sounds just $100 too expensive if its sealed. It's about $975 after taxes. So if they really can't get it, or people are too dumb to shop around, then good for him for making the $100.

The Guitar Centers around my area (southern california) usually have about 1 - 2 in stock. You may however get really unlucky and they all be out. I can understand that happening, but being unlucky with 4 - 5 of them is just plain bad luck.

buy 1 for the price of 2 and get 1 free!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12