Mixtrack Pro&VDJ Sound help
    Tech Student

Default Mixtrack Pro&VDJ Sound help

I need help with the audio input/output.
    I'm using the included software which is Virtual DJ LE with the PRO trial still active.
    I have 2.1 speakers connected to my Macbook's headphone jack. I can't get any sound out of the headphones for monitoring. The sound that should be going out to the headphones for monitoring is going out to my speakers and nothing out of the headphones. On VDJ under the config menu under "Sound Setup" I have Input set to "None", Output set to "Headphones: Master: Left chan/ Headphones: Right chan", and Soundcard is set to "2 Cards Built in output/Mixtrack Pro".
    Even if I switch the Souncard settings to "Mixtrack Pro/Built in output" nothing comes out of both.
    What am I doing wrong? Or am I only able to use speakers with RCA cables, not a 3.5mm jack.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by bryyyyyx; 11-27-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Your headphones should be plugged into the headphone jack, while your monitors (they're not speakers, speakers = the ones the crowd is listening to) should be plugged into the audio card if you have it.

Tech Guru

I'm not certain about how to configure laptop setups for monitor cueing. But anyone that I have seen use the feature successfully had an external soundcard.

Good luck,
    -Digi