to all my ny cats

Default to all my ny cats

yo so me and my boys plan on going up to the nyc for spring break whats some good clubs there that 19 yr olds can get into.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Whas up man? My crew and myself are all from NJ/NY. For a good mix of genres you always have Webster Hall. Theyre pretty fair price wise (for Manhattan anyway) and have a friendlier door crew and a more lenient dress code. Ive gone with a couple of younger girlsa few times. Im pretty sure most of their shows are 18 or 19 and up. There you can usually catch a hip hop room, rock band plus whoever they have on the main stage. Your best bet is to check their website or give them a call.

Pacha is pretty good but it gets crowded as hell if theres somebody popular performing. The club spent quite a bit of $ on lighting, TV/video and sound. It really is nice but gets crowded. Plus they have shower girls. Again you should just double check their website or call to verify the age requirement that night. Ive also been there many times with under 21'ers. They are pricier, more strict and usually do have some form of dress code. They're more of a bodies and bottles type club.

You also have Cielo. More of a nice lounge but they get some good acts in there as well. You can always do the same as with the other two and look them up or call.

Whatever Crobar turned into (I forget the name) isn't really worth looking into. From what Ive read and seen photos of its more just a table service type place now. Boo!

Plus you can always check and see who else is doing shows throughout or near the city. These aren't necessarily clubs but... Theres always Roseland and Starland Ballrooms. Theres some good acts that hit up Central park now and again. Also Pier 14 I believe. 14 or 13. Or Madison Square Garden.

I hope that helps you some.

Shane

aight cool, me and my homeboys are going to nyc for spring break and we want to hit the clubs good looks will check em out.

we were looking for hip hop clubs but I want to go to atleast one that plays edm.

thanks again
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

When in the spring...after March 15th?

might have to come along

Dvls would be able to help you with the club situation more, i stoped looking after i realised i still have a few months
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

More mainstream clubs are out of my sights for now. I know Pascha is usually 18+, but it gets crowded and I've heard mediocre things about their resident DJ's. Webster Hall is a good place to check out. Good location and not bad prices.

I don't know if Octagon is 18+ or 21+ usually. It's a hard pill to swallow. Might want to look around Brooklyn and see what you can find.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

When I hear Octagon, I immediately think UFC!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I got ya. Wish I could have been more help. Im partial to edm...Oh well.