Beginner Setup - $715 Max - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Dude, just stick with your gut and use what you want.

If the VCI-100SE tickles your fancy, then go with it.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Guru

After reading this again. If I was getting a beginner set up at your price range it would be the VCI-100 without a doubt. The X1 is awesome, but it takes some time to get used to DJing that way. The VCI resembles a standard set up and is easier to apply general DJing techniques. Also this site has tons of infoe. You can't go wrong with the VCI.....AND it's within your budget.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

I still only have an X1 + mixer, it's a decent setup but tbh the VCI is "better", especially if you feel like you want an traditional setup.
    that's why I'm getting an S4 soon

Tech Student

hey cassius, how's it going. saw your thread and thought i'd let you know im selling a VCI-100se kit for around your budget, audio2dj and beats headphones included.

heres the link to my thread: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...575#post189575

in any case, wish you luck with your debut purchase!

Tech Mentor

i've already found a black vci-100 in france, 250 euros (325 dollars), and purchased firmware kit, overlay, usb cable, arcade buttons. So happy I found it! My sister is gonna give it to me during december.
    So no I just need a soundacrd, I guess audio2dj, maybe not audio4dj cause it's very expensive.

Thanks a lot for your advices guys!

Filterkat

audio 2 is fine if you intend on doing internal mixing... 1 output for the speakers... 1 output for your headphone cue... the only reason youd want an audio 4/8 is if you wanted to start mixing the tracks externally on an analogue mixer, or setup a timecode/DVS system...

the AD/DA converters and the low latency drivers are the same as the ones as they use in the audio 4/8 so you will get the same sound quality as you would with one of the bigger cards...

Tech Mentor

yes, i know the difference is just the number of ports, but maybe it could have been good to upgrade next, but for the time maybe it's a little bit to early to buy such an expensive soundcard!
    (can dvs without mixer, but with vci can work?)

thanks

Filterkat

yeah u can DVS without a mixer and use the VCI as your mixer, if you mix in internal mode... i have set my gear up like this before... but youd still need more inputs on your soundcard to send the timecode signal to traktor... the audio 2 wont have enough to do this... you would need minimum audio 4 depending on how many timecodes you wish to set up...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234