Mac-Windows ethernet sync
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Mac-Windows ethernet sync

Hi iam running Ableton 8 suite on my macbook , and i wants to play live set with my friend , but he has Windows book with traktor , can anybody help us how to sync this with using ethernet , if its possible , thx for all answers.

Tech Guru

Be kind of tough via ethernet I think. There would need to be an app that sends MIDI through TCP/IP and also provides virtual MIDI ports for the different apps to hook into. Guess you could use OSCulator on the Mac and PureData on the PC to convert MIDI to and from OSC so your data can travel over ethernet.

If your audio interfaces have 5 pin MIDI ports, you could connect master to slave and sync MIDI clocks that way. If your audio interface doesn't have a MIDI port, you could get a USB to MIDI dongle for pretty cheap that would handle it.

Tech Guru

id go with midi too
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Convert

We have two audio 2 interfeaces , but we wants to try it only via ethernet , we dont want to spend money for try , but if it will be ok well buy cards with midi etc..

Tech Guru

are you not using midi controllers?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Convert

I have novation remote 25 sl , and my friend has faderfox

Tech Guru

then midi out to midi in...

Tech Convert

Midis on faderfox are used for connect to computer , but can i use midi from novation to usb on windows?

Tech Guru

then send midi from the novation into the faderfox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast