How to sync 2 Traktor's with this setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default How to sync 2 Traktor's with this setup

Hi all,

I've been trying to sync two Traktors on different laptops as described on Traktor Bible but hasn't been able to get it working.

One of the laptops is Macbook with OS X, Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ + X1. The other laptop is a PC, with Windows XP, Traktor Pro and Audio 4 DJ + Behringer BCR2000. We've tried using ethernet cable together with ipMIDI and ethernetmidi but with poor results.

Would someone be so kind, to give a walk-through on how to do this? We are searching for a free simple way to do this, but if we really have to buy a virtual midi software (MIDIoverLAN) or a midi dongle then i'll guess we just have to skip the free part...
    Last edited by kosmo_; 11-29-2010 at 04:50 AM.

Tech Guru

its in the traktor manual. midi cable from audio 8 to audio 4.....
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    its in the traktor manual. midi cable from audio 8 to audio 4.....
    Audio 4 DJ doesn't have midi ports.

Do you think it'd be possible to route through BCR2000 midi-in?

Tech Guru

thats annoying! yeah it will work that way
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    thats annoying! yeah it will work that way
    Ok, cool! So basically I should get them synced if I connect my audio 8 dj midi out to the midi in on the BCR2000. Set Clock Master to internal on macbook (with the audio 8dj) and external on the PC, press sync and that's it?

ps. oh and the BCR2000 is connected via usb to the PC.

Tech Guru

yes

Tech Convert

We managed to get midi clock sent from macbook (the problem was there was no generic midi on my controller managed in traktor), but still have problems getting the BCR2000 transmit the incoming midi (midi led blinks) transmitted via USB to the PC.

Downloading B-manager now, and trying it out... probably its about setting up bcr correctly.

Tech Guru

it should just work i think....in the master clock of the recieving machine, is it deffo set to 'EXT'?

Tech Convert

We had to configure the operation mode in BCR2000, but got it working finally! The bpm wobbles a bit ~0,00...0,10bpm but it's still manageable. Perhaps it'd be more accurate by using ethernet, any experience?

Anyway, ready to do b2b sets with 2 traktors now. Thanks for the help

http://www.timojuuti.com

Tech Guru

the bpm will wobble, but the audio will be in time, what i do recommend tho is mapping the sync button from the master clock to a button on ur midi controller. we found we needed to press it every half hour or so to prevent any drift

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast