Beginner, Possibly Very Dumb, Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Beginner, Possibly Very Dumb, Question

Okay so I recently bought a vci 100, and it has the 1.4 FW, and I download the most recent mappings have imported them. However I cant seem to get Traktor to work with my VCI.

I have imported the mappings to Traktor, but when I go to preferences, and controller manager and select the Vci100se 1.4 mac fw etc. and then click close, my vci100 doesnt do anything in Traktor. Then if I reopen my Preferences I see that my control manager has returned to having my device as Generic Keyboard. It seems that Traktor is not saving my changed prefrences, and so I seem to be permantely stuck on using generic keyboard mode.

If I use setup wizard and setup for the vci-100 than the Vci is responsive in Traktor, but of course it is not with the correct mappings.

Please Help, I just got this baby and I wanna have some fun

Im not sure how to properly expliain the issue, so hopefully someone understands what Im talking about

it's normal that the keyboard mapping is always the first in the drop down mappings.

is the vci mapping shown in the drop down menu?
    did you assign the in/out ports to the vci?
    does the midi led in the upper section of traktor lits up when fiddeling around with the controller?

import the tsi twice and restart traktor
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

Bump weltra,

"I have imported the mappings to Traktor, but when I go to preferences, and controller manager and select the Vci100se 1.4 mac fw etc."

How did you import a .tis first without going into preferences? The import option is in preferences.

You have to select you controller in the drop down menu then import your .tis.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    Bump weltra,

"I have imported the mappings to Traktor, but when I go to preferences, and controller manager and select the Vci100se 1.4 mac fw etc."

How did you import a .tis first without going into preferences? The import option is in preferences.

You have to select you controller in the drop down menu then import your .tis.
    I imported in the prefrences section.

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    it's normal that the keyboard mapping is always the first in the drop down mappings.

is the vci mapping shown in the drop down menu?
    did you assign the in/out ports to the vci?
    does the midi led in the upper section of traktor lits up when fiddeling around with the controller?

import the tsi twice and restart traktor
    yes the mapping is the drop down menu, Ive tried loading it multiple times and restarted multiple times. When I select it from the drop down menu I then changed the in/out ports to vestac pc controller ( i have a mac so should it still say pc controller?) and then when I hit close my controller doesnt do anything in traktor. the lights are responsive and the data red led is lighting up when i touch things, but traktor is controlled at all

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Just to confirm, you're using the big import button on the bottom of the preferences window correct?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Just to confirm, you're using the big import button on the bottom of the preferences window correct?
    yes I am

The reverting back to keyboard is normal, but when you select the VCI is the VCI still set in the In/Out ports?

And just some disclosure on this thread. It's my old VCI, Audio 4 and Traktor Pro here so I know it works and the software is legit.
    Chris Jennings FHP

When you import it you should get a pop up asking you what options to import make sure you follow these steps.

What Settings to Load

• MIDI: Everyone
    • EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you are using it for the first time to load the FX properly)
    • LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own, modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
    • ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly. *Warning* this will over-write your traktor settings! So if you like your settings, then do an export to save them before testing these. Then you can always revert later. Otherwise DONT import this part of the TSI file.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Convert

when I Import I get a pop with a couple of boxes with check marks next to them, four of them are checked and I cannot click the other boxes, the four that are selected are:
    controller mappings
    gui layout
    effect settings
    other prefrences and settings

I then click okay and it takes me to the controller mapping screen of the prefrences section where the vci100se mappings will be in the pulldown menu, I dont ever get a popup asking for the settings you described

and to your other question, yes the in/out stays selected

does the CTRL light inside the traktor software blink if do anything with the controller?
    it's in the header next to audio on the left hand side..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast