What age did you start DJing? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

18, almost 6 years ago

12/13 ... i got a gemini dual cd mixer, Then slowly realised i have a passion.

Got cdj's started to look into the old 80's and 90's techno, And now i'm producing with ableton & reason, And dj'ing with both serato and traktor.
    Going on to study either digital music or electronic music in college next year.

I'm only 17 now Many many years to come

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Well I was 19 when I started and now I'm 20... 21 in a few months, I don't feel like I started too late, but I do wish I had started earlier cause of how much I enjoy it
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Guru

I started when I was 18/19. Now im 22 playing in clubs.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post

Man that controller looks awesome!

I love it how it's got all 4 knobs for both banks of FX in traktor as well as multiple cue and sample buttons AND touch sensitive jogs!!!

All in one budget banger by the looks! wish we had them in AUS!

And thanks heaps to everyone for the input, you've helped me get my head around the fact that you can't turn back time and that maybe it's just different people come to this differentley for whatever reason!

So yeah I guess I'm just overreacting a bit, music has ALWAYS been part of my life it's just DJing specifically that I've not picked up until recently!

As for the people who started at 12-15, yeah rub it in!

Thanks guys!
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

Started when I was 17 in high school. DJed a school sponsored rave (!) and part of our prom. Went to college in California and gigs just kept flowing in. Now I'm back in Oregon and haven't been able to get a gig since May
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

Tech Mentor

When i was 15 i bought my OmniControl but when i was 9 or something i started with AtomixMP3. Ofcourse i didnt create any shit of it, but it learned me the basics like what the tempofader does, the EQ knobs etc.

Then after a while i downloaded Virtual DJ and learned to mess with the FX, not thinking about my songchosing at all. That became when i started to be an 'iPod DJ' at parties using grooveshark.

Then i thought, "what the heck am i doing!!", switched to Traktor and then learned to do transitions and stuff. I got stucked and bought my midicontroller and dare to show my face again at parties . Over a week i got my first real gig!!

Btw, i'm 16 year right know!

Tech Mentor

17 - I downloaded Traktor after goofing around on this site, hooked up my Korg R3 as a controller and performed at a talent show in high school. Bought a hercules DJ Control Steel afterwards and I've had a bunch of gigs since going to college.

been djing since I was 13, this was back in 1992 with 2 1200's and a Gemini mixer with a 10 second sampler that i bought from the pennysaver.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by DeeEss View Post
    Man that controller looks awesome!

I love it how it's got all 4 knobs for both banks of FX in traktor as well as multiple cue and sample buttons AND touch sensitive jogs!!!

All in one budget banger by the looks! wish we had them in AUS!
    I'm in aus dude, don't even think I paid shipping on them shits. Yeah the fx is the best bit man. The endless encoders are push buttons too so you can pretty much access every single effect between those and the shift button.

I use them to switch b/w chained and advanced as well. The only thing is the build quality is pretty shitty but the jogs are really good

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast