Is Traktor Pro ready for club use ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Is Traktor Pro ready for club use ?

Im reading their board and theres some horror stories... Now I know only the disgruntled post whereas u dont hear much from successful users... Rumor has it the big djs - Hawtin, Dubfire, Liebing, etc still use Traktor 3 at their gigs... Is Traktor Pro ready to be used or should I wait to purchase it after there are software updates...

I've only used it live once at a club and was pretty stable, but that was on my pc. I have a macbook now, and haven't tried it yet. So until then, traktor 3 is whats best for me!

How cares what the "Big" dj's are using, what should matter is what you use and how stable the software is when you play live.

If Hawtin got a mohawk and dyed it pink, would you get it to?
    Last edited by JesC; 12-08-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Rumours
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Hell, I don't think Traktor 3 is ready for club use. While there's a lot of mileage variation, that alone should tell you that something's wrong. Some people are having few problems but a glance at the NI forum shows they're clearly in the minority. I wouldn't play out with the thing until I'd practiced & dialed it in for literally a couple of months. Since the T3 release I haven't trusted Traktor as far as I could throw a fit.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I've only used it live once at a club and was pretty stable, but that was on my pc. I have a macbook now, and haven't tried it yet. So until then, traktor 3 is whats best for me!

How cares what the "Big" dj's are using, what should matter is what you use and how stable the software is when you play live.

If Hawtin got a mohawk and dyed it pink, would you get it to?
    Pink Mohawks are hot!

I care if big djs havent moved over to the latest version of a product they are marketing in advertisements.. if the rumors that they arent using the latest product they are endorsing are true then that tells me alot about the stability of a product im contemplating purchasing.

NI and other companies get big name dj's to suck you (& me) in so you can buy the product, its all about advertising. Look at Steve, he still uses Traktor 2! and the only way we can confirm is these endorsed dj are still using T3 is to catch them in the act!

Tech Wizard

But then again a few djs i met here in NYC say they use it with no problems... Maybe I'll just take the jump and try it.

demo T-PRO to see how it works for you.

Tech Wizard

I have.. it works great.. but Im looking for Traktor Scratch Pro reviews...

You always need to remember that Native Instruments only does enough testing to get the product out the door. You better test it for yourself (we're talking months, not weeks) before playing it out. I know it's tempting to play on it as soon as you get it, but resist the temptation. Your reputation will thank you.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, I still use T3.4 live and it gives me problems, but it works.

T-Pro is great, I practice on it and am making a completely new set up on it, as well as cleaning out my collection. But I am not using it live yet. Stability wise, I think it's ready, as long as you know what you're doing with it.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast