Djm-500

Thread: Djm-500

Tech Guru

Default Djm-500

I have been looking for a decent 3-4 Channel mixer. I would love to pick up a Pioneer 800 but don't have the money I will have about 300 in christmas bonus money and I recently found a DJM-500 on Amazon for about 400 bucks.

Do any of you own one? Would it be a good beginner mixer? I am a huge fan of Pioneer build quality and resale value. My other option is a DDM4000 which I would be happy with but call me a fan boy I love Pioneer products. SO what's your opinion should I get the DDM4000 or save a little more and get the DJM-500 or save a few more months and get a DJM-600? Thoughts?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

pick up a djm-400 mixer, its a 3 ch. mixer, most people dont know this...but it has a AUX input.

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I dunno. A mixer with effects seems a bit pointless for anyone using controllers in my opinion. The software already has plenty and you have much better control over them.

I'd go for the Ecler nuo2 if you want 2 channels and another with a rotary and a 2 band EQ or the nuo3 if you prefer a full 3 deck mixer. No effects but the build is fantastic, the price is lower and the knobs are nice and chunky.

Tech Guru

a cheap djm500 or 600 would probably do the job. not crossfader curve adjust on the 500 though
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

I have a Pioneer 500 mixer and I have done for many years. The only gripe I have is the fact that it only has 3 line inputs. This means if you want to control 4 decks then you might be struggling, depending on your set up. Otherwise it's a good bit of kit.

I've heard a few people say the sound isn't as good as some of the other pioneer products, but I've not had any issues with mine. Also it's not MIDI assignable.

Sorry to bump this up. but I do not want to start a new thread and annoy a lot of you. I just found a djm 500 for $300. do you think its worth 3 bills for a beginner like me? or should i get a djm 250 or dj tech dif-1s instead?
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

get a new djm 250 imo

well, okay then. though the owner give it at $200 for the last price. still keeping my options open.
    my RGAS story

Check out ecler mixers, can be found for similar prices as second hand pioneers. Great quality, sound and crossfader curve to.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

there are only 2nd hand pioneers, vestax and behringers here. other than that, a lot of mix track pros.

Don't want to get numark mixers and A&H here are super expensive. Other brands I have to import and TAXES are crazy.
    my RGAS story