NI Audio Kontrol 1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default NI Audio Kontrol 1

Saw a few sigs with the Audio Kontrol 1...

Please share, as I'm looking to pick one up.

Tech Guru

I have one, its awesome in some aspects, not so awesome in others.

Great sound, decent drivers, low latency, looks fukn sweet and has nice extra midi controls.

Downside, only 2 stereo outputs, and 1 input (1 mic input also), so not that great for doing DVS stuff. Also the outputs are HiZ rather then RCA which can kinda b a bitch for setting up in clubs if you dont have the right cables/converters etc.

In saying all that I personally dont need more then that atm (can do 4 mono anyway) and I love mine!

does anyone use the midi knobs and buttons?

Tech Guru

Yeah I use them, the knob is quite nice, buttons feel a bit weird personally. I mostly use it as an additional effects controller, but might change it to something else. The ability for 2/3 buttons pressed at the same time to work as 1 different button is quite useful.

I use the knob to scroll up and down in my playlist like an ipod's click wheel, and the buttons to load the tracks. Keeping pressed the buttons I can also use the knob to skip back and forward in the track like a jog wheel, quite cool...

Did you map the AK1 using Traktor itself, or with the AK1 mapping software? I'm trying to figure out how to map it with Traktor PRO at the moment, but it's not really working..

i did a mix of the two softwares.. i hope that these images of my settings will help you. let me know if you have other problems.

http://h4xr.org/hogj

bye

Interesting. Does it require the AK1 software to run along side Traktor? I mean, do you need to start an extra program (the AK1 software) up to use the knob and the buttons?

yes the ak1 software must be running.. it converts the controls into midi.. but it doesn't take too much ram.. it is useful also with other programs like itunes etc..

sorry for my bad english but I'm italian

good night
    Last edited by Virgafox; 01-26-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Island, Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Virgafox View Post
    I use the knob to scroll up and down in my playlist like an ipod's click wheel, and the buttons to load the tracks. Keeping pressed the buttons I can also use the knob to skip back and forward in the track like a jog wheel, quite cool...
    It's the same i used before the arrival of the VCI-100, now I'm trying to use the two devices simultaneously in order to leave browse functions and headphones volume off the vci, how do you see this?
    Last edited by LastOne; 01-26-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast