Using a Native Instruments X1 at a typical club....
    Tech Wizard

Default Using a Native Instruments X1 at a typical club....

I plan on bringing my laptop running Traktor and the X1 where ever I go.

What exactly do I need (sound card?/software changes/ ANYTHING??) to get my x1 and traktor on my laptop working [erfectly with the club mixer/decks?

a sound card, maybe a Audio 2 to start off.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

If you're playing out you will certainly need a sound card in order to connect your laptop up to the sound system.

If you're comfortable enough mixing with nothing other than the X1 (I assume you have a custom mapping that gives you control over levels and EQs) you just need to jack it into a free channel, turn up the volume and play as you would normally at home.

I do find it odd that you don't have a sound card though. Do you not use headphones to cue your tracks at all?

i find it odd that he ONLY uses an x1. can you explain how you mapped that? sounds crazy!

but then again, ean mixes with 32 buttons
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Remap the effects knobs to EQs and a rotary volume control. Ta da! Done.

You could also remap the browse encoder to pitch bend and use a shift modifier for tempo on the same knob. Now you can beat match!

You'd be amazed how little you need to DJ. At the end of the day a mixer and 2 CDJ set up is 5 faders, 8 knobs, 2 encoders and 6 buttons. (plus track loading, cue volume and master volume nonsense.)

yeah for the x1 u can just go on mid map mode and turn it in to a little mixer works great
    then u can just flip between HID mode and midi

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    You'd be amazed how little you need to DJ. At the end of the day a mixer and 2 CDJ set up is 5 faders, 8 knobs, 2 encoders and 6 buttons. (plus track loading, cue volume and master volume nonsense.)
    Yeah I've DJ'd for hours with only an M-aidio x-sessions pro and a laptop. Doesn't exactly scream "superstar DJ," but it's good to throw in a backpack if you don't feel like carrying much but you think there's a chance you might want to DJ a small party or something.

Tech Mentor

he said with the club mixer, so he uses the X1 and an external mixer which is more than enough controls. Get an audio 2 (or 4 if you want to use the decks with timecode) and you're set. All your mappings are saved on your laptop so no need to change anything

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

+1 on what Ashigari said, you'll need at least an Audio 4 if you want to use the clubs TT's or CDJ's. If not an Audio 2 will work.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ashigari View Post
    he said with the club mixer, so he uses the X1 and an external mixer which is more than enough controls. Get an audio 2 (or 4 if you want to use the decks with timecode) and you're set. All your mappings are saved on your laptop so no need to change anything
    Agree I do exactly the same with my x1 and audio 4. Even without timecodes (in greece we are full of crappy over-used pioneer cdj 100s and 200s). And it works like a dream. X1 is an excellent product..
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.