Korg kp3?

Thread: Korg kp3?

Default Korg kp3?

Just wondering if you guys have used thhis in a setup with. Traktor.

I was looking to do Internal mixing but then really saw potential in this. And using a cheap mixer and possibly a midi fighter or DNSc2000

What you gusy think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

It's a horrible midi controller and it's not something that should replace Traktor's effects system. I use it for running my mic through, so if I hype the crowd it can sound a bit cooler. It can only run 1 effect at a time, that's an another consideration.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    It's a horrible midi controller and it's not something that should replace Traktor's effects system. I use it for running my mic through, so if I hype the crowd it can sound a bit cooler. It can only run 1 effect at a time, that's an another consideration.
    There is only one xy screen, of course it's one effect at a time.

Your supposed to resample WITH the effect onto a new pad and then put another effect on. It works much better like that. IMO you get more control mixing effects that way then trying to do 2 effects at the same time.

Using a KP3 with traktor is godly, have it as deck C and use traktors effects and the KP3. It has much cooler effects then traktor IMO. But use both.

Quote Originally Posted by mycathasrabies View Post

Your supposed to resample WITH the effect onto a new pad and then put another effect on. It works much better like that. IMO you get more control mixing effects that way then trying to do 2 effects at the same time.

Using a KP3 with traktor is godly, have it as deck C and use traktors effects and the KP3. It has much cooler effects then traktor IMO. But use both.
    I was planning to use traktor to resample/ sample and for effects
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Tech Mentor

well i now have something to tell my KP3 buddy to do with it.

Maybe it's my style, but I find it's effects much less useful than Traktors when it comes to using it on tracks... -.-
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

When it comes to looping and beat mashing traktor is much easier...but the KP3 has grain, mid slicers, sample reverse, LFO, etc

How would i go about using it as Deck C? im using a KP2 but its essentialls all the same right?
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

I think you would have to have your sounds going out from traktor into speakers, but ALSO into the kp3 and back in as deck C. I'm pretty sure that's how it would be done.