upgrading my VCI to 1.4 - not working anymore!
    Tech Convert

Unhappy upgrading my VCI to 1.4 - not working anymore!

Hi,

i have a VCI100SE which i bought on the website, with firmware 1.3

I have the upgrade kit and used this USB to serial cable: http://www.moxa.com/product/uport_1110.htm

After sorting out the problem with the port, i follow every step from Ean's video, til the software says the flash has succeed.

But now i plug the VCI on my computer, it doesn't light on, doesn't respond, looks absolutely dead.

It is really complicated cos i don't know which step i did wrong.....
    please help me

Don't panic; you didn't break your VCI permanently; you just need to flash it with an serial cable. The USB-serial connection is prone to failure; if you need me to, i'd be glad to flash the VCI for you, or the tech tools staff can do it. Either way, you might not be able to successfully flash it without a serial-serial cable.

Tech Convert

I've finally succeeded. I've started again, but with an older version of the software and it now works like a charm

thanks for your answer bmwnutfrombirth

yeah took me like 3 goes then it finally did it
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.