On the differences between Serato and Traktor - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by diletantedeejay View Post
    Now tell me if I'm wrong.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Karlos,

I have to disagree with your opinion that Traktor should never have side-by-side waveforms. I do not see why it would be wrong to have this feature as a user choice in Traktor. (I will admit that I know nothing about copyright law, so I am arguing this based on the assumption that N.I. could legally implement the waveforms a la SSL). I would even pay extra to unlock this feature or if there was a 3rd party add on.

I am a new bedroom DJ who is learning to beat match with the phase meter in Traktor. I hope to someday be able to do this sans pitch meter. Really, the only reason I'm learning to beat match is because I don't know how you would otherwise transition between DJs and I think it is an important skill in case of some failure (although with my DVS system, if traktor failed I would be S.O.L. but thankfully the bedroom crowd is forgiving...)

I love the effects built into Traktor, especially how nicely they play with my Kontrol X1. For my purposes, Traktor fits my needs much better than SSL. However, until N.I. puts me on the payroll, I wont be a blind fanboy and pretend there aren't features that I desire. (Not directing that sentence at you Karlos.)
    2xTechnics 1200 m3d. Traktor Pro. Audio 8. Kontrol X1. Akai MPD24 paper weight...

Back when I bought Serato (5 years ago...?) it was more stable than Traktor Scratch. TBH if I had to choose now, I would have a tough time deciding as they are both fantastic products.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by diletantedeejay View Post
    never said I was a musician junior.

I don't even play in a band. I own a guitar and a bass that I never learned how to play.

Never played a synthesizer live.

The amp I hide behind is about 2 feet wide, a foot deep, and about half a foot tall.

It weighs about fifty pounds.

Go as far as you like kid.

I never said I was a singer, or that I've ever sang.

I most definitely didn't say I was an artist. Come on. I ain't that pathetic.

But I can spell.

The buttons I push are on a computer keyboard.

You should go further kid, something tells me you're bright.

But you gotta have some patience. For things like reading peoples' posts correctly.

And for spelling.

Something tells me you're a whiz at serrato, or traktor, or ableton.

?
    talk about going over one's head

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    yesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

serato is plug n play .. traktor u can program everything u wanna do before.. and play lol.. both great programs.. I just find serato a lot better... I bought traktor scratch first as my vinyl system.. then Torq n then Serato... have been playing with serato ever since... the other programs are coo all depends what u wanna do....
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Both are great programs and they cater to different types of djs.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456