Hercules DJ console Rmx + what????
    Tech Convert

Default Hercules DJ console Rmx + what????

Hey guys there is a question for you =)
    my setup is quite simple atm only have the laptop and the Dj console Rmx+traktor pro...
    and having big problems founding a good map for Rmx.. so i think i will buy 1 more controler for samplers/effects and hot cues..and with that i will prob use the 'oficial' mapp so. what u suggest for me?
    thanks

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Korg Nanokontrol/pad works nicely if you want cheap and cheerful and can live with the size...

guessing here you want cheap and cheerful or you wouldnt be sticking with the Herc.

NI Kontrol X1 maybe ?

BCR/F 2000 maybe if you want something a bit more substantial I'd remap the Hercules to remove FX and set up Hotcues in its place.... I dont use kills so have them mapped as my loops in/out and use the Nano/Bcr for soley FX use.

Someone already has a Nano/Herc mapping up here.

If you are spending more the world is your oyster, maybe VMS4 and sell the Herc rather than adding more controllers (just an idea) ?
    Last edited by deevey; 12-06-2010 at 09:07 AM.

Tech Guru

I have the RMX and have been using it with VDJ, but i'm going to start mapping it to traktor so i was going to get an LPD 8, but i also wanted an LPK25 for production on the fly.

Then i saw this:
    http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/A...r_DJ/MPK-MINI/

Definitely getting it, amazing for the price.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by murgor View Post
    Hey guys there is a question for you =)
    my setup is quite simple atm only have the laptop and the Dj console Rmx+traktor pro...
    and having big problems founding a good map for Rmx.. so i think i will buy 1 more controler for samplers/effects and hot cues..and with that i will prob use the 'oficial' mapp so. what u suggest for me?
    thanks
    I have the DJ Control Steel, which is basically the same thing without the sound hardware (I have an A2DJ), and I made a mapping for traktor that I think is pretty sick. I can give it to you if you want

Quote Originally Posted by dsharps View Post
    I have the DJ Control Steel, which is basically the same thing without the sound hardware (I have an A2DJ), and I made a mapping for traktor that I think is pretty sick. I can give it to you if you want
    I would love a mapping for Traktor Pro for my Hercules DJ Console Rmx if you are willing to share

Tech Mentor

pimpbluerikki, here's a link to an older thread about mappings for the Hercules. I did a post with a rundown of all the controls. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21236

map it yourself.
    if not, i like the dicers. if youre willing do drop a bit more $ than the nano stuff
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

Yeah I mean, ultimately the mapping you'll like best is gonna be the one you design for your own style

Thanks for the link to the thread. I attempted to map it once before but I couldn't really get the hang of it. These links definitely make it seem a lot easier.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I would love a mapping for Traktor Pro for my Hercules DJ Console Rmx if you are willing to share
    Heres a 4 deck map + fx +3 hotcues per deck on individual shift layers, there "might" be one or 2 bugs here or there so do test it.

Its pretty complete and more geared towards separate decks on the left/right channel with the exact same individual shift layers per Side.

There LED feedback on the buttons for A/C B/D Shifts, FX & Hotcues .... (Shift light off = deckA, lights on = deckC, lights off=loops lights on=Cues etc..)

Most of the original functions are remapped .. but browsing using the up/down left/right still applies.

Theres images attached for reference & feedback would be muchos appriciated.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20721
    Last edited by deevey; 01-08-2011 at 05:11 AM.