S4 updates

Thread: S4 updates

Tech Mentor

Default S4 updates

Hi peeps, planing on buying a S4 earlie next year. but i wonder with the minor bugs/problems some people got, will there be new driver/software updates soon? or this coming out often, but throu service center?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

i think you will have better luck in the NI forum

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There has already been a driver update. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another driver update and maybe software update. All of these will be available through the service center. I highly doubt and would not even think about expecting a hardware update anytime in the next year, maybe longer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Given how fast the first driver/software update came out, I'd imagine you will see more of them shortly. NI seems to be tight-lipped about said updates, but that's likely just a choice of PR policy.

I would say check the forums early next year when you're ready to buy, and see how the overall mood is. Remember that more people come to a forum to complain than to praise.

The other big factor here is what you will be running the software on...Mac users seem much happier at the moment, so if you plan on running off OSX, you have considerably less to worry about I'd say.

Myself, I'm waiting for one more update...I'd like to at least see the issue of jogwheel pitch bend sensitivity resolved, which I'd imagine is coming in the next update based on how vocal people have been about it (and how potentially easy the fix probably is).

I'm also kind of hoping Guitar Center or someone else sweetens the deal with a good coupon...GC had a 15% coupon for Cyber Monday that would've worked on the S4, but alas, I found out way too late. Sometimes the after-Xmas sales are just as good though, especially if sales aren't quite where they need to be and companies want to boost their 2010 numbers last-minute.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TxdoHawk View Post
    Sometimes the after-Xmas sales are just as good though, especially if sales aren't quite where they need to be and companies want to boost their 2010 numbers last-minute.
    I think sales across the board have been pretty good this year. Still it might be worth the wait if GC or some other big retailer ordered to many and want to clear stock out before they have to inventory it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x