OT: Julian Assange has been arrested - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    What has Globalisation got to do with European Courts..?

Just wondering.
    Your not saying the EU courts are worse than American are you..?

Didnt someone say Guantanamo earlier
    no dude.. not the point at all..

the whole EU is a scary situation to me. it's the first step to a one world govt. and that is the opposite of what i wish for this world. call me crazy, i really don't care. the evidence is there..

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    The guy has released details of key pipelines, cables and infrastructure required for national security and that's just fucking stupid.

Has he never heard of terrorism - I hope he gets bummed in jail.
    i hope you get bummed IRL for saying that.

no national security was compromised past the fact that top american officials are looking stupid for making the comments they made. NONE. show me the fucking cables that give away all this top secret information. i dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    professional fighters .. dealing with .. Ireland
    i can't believe you would make such an ignorant statement after how they've handled what's going on there.

Whos talking about field agents? This could affect citizens of many nations.
    My concern is much less for agents of any government than it is for the citizens of any nation.
    again, HOW. SHOW ME. all these claims, no proof.

THEY'RE PROOFREADING THEM (AND REDACTING WHEN NECESSARY) BEFORE RELEASING THEM, WHAT DO YOU NOT GET?

sorry if i seem a bit upset, people that don't do their homework and act like they have piss me off. especially with very important issues.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

all the best to mr. assange. and to wikileaks: keep spreading the word!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post

i can't believe you would make such an ignorant statement after how they've handled what's going on there.

regarding Ireland.. my point is .. that afghanistan and Iraq have different factions.. and when you support one and not the other.. you will have conflicts of interest. Britian almost literally built the stucture of Iraq, the iraqi army is based on british doctrine. The UK has had a very clear understanding of how the strongarm man in Iraq is how it has been for more than 5000 years. Yet the americans deliberately disolved the iraqi army to cause unending chaos between the last tie of unity the suni-shia had...especially against iran

Well I wouldnt say Im ignorant... I am a military contractor as my fulltime job, and know that when it comes to small unit fighting in remote areas with very limited support.. The british forces have been exposed to much more extreme situations. These wikileaks may have locations of bases but are not anything more than that... intelligence on the ground from opfor or locals already has their locations pinpointed.. with or without WIKILEAKS. Now if the DODs current Sat data was released then.. this would be extremely bad. Then you could plan perfect mortar strikes onto the fuel depots inside the wire of a base.. every shot could be preplanned from surrounding locations instead of guessed shots which lead to counter mortar strikes which will come hit or miss.

Terrorism is not new either, locations of water treatment plants and so forth doesnt need wikileaks to show. Out of all that has been shown to us from these leaks.. Incident reports with collatoral damage and accidents may remind the populace that bad stuff is happening.. but they dont need wikileaks for that.

Either way.... a rapist should go to jail.. but someone just laying the cards on the table shouldnt be responsible for the actions of the people in question as far as the leaks are concerned.
    Last edited by djfrogstar; 12-07-2010 at 06:38 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    no dude.. not the point at all..

the whole EU is a scary situation to me. it's the first step to a one world govt. and that is the opposite of what i wish for this world. call me crazy, i really don't care. the evidence is there..

i hope you get bummed IRL for saying that.

no national security was compromised past the fact that top american officials are looking stupid for making the comments they made. NONE. show me the fucking cables that give away all this top secret information. i dare you.

again, HOW. SHOW ME. all these claims, no proof.

THEY'RE PROOFREADING THEM (AND REDACTING WHEN NECESSARY) BEFORE RELEASING THEM, WHAT DO YOU NOT GET?

sorry if i seem a bit upset, people that don't do their homework and act like they have piss me off. especially with very important issues.

So you dont actually read my post.
    You make out i stand for something that i have stated i do not.
    Then you insult my intelligence.

Cute.

So you dont actually read my post.
    You make out i stand for something that i have stated i do not.
    Then you insult my intelligence.

Cute.
    lol...

having a "European Court" is fucked up in this situation because the UK judge does not get to see any evidence against Assange before having to make the decision on whether to extradite him. this was stated in MY post before yours. how bout you read that..?

And you know what? In an American court (as much as I believe that they are broken), this would not happen. It's not the way they operate. "Innocent Until Proven Guilty"

regarding Ireland.. my point is .. that afghanistan and Iraq have different factions.. and when you support one and not the other.. you will have conflicts of interest. Britian almost literally built the stucture of Iraq, the iraqi army is based on british doctrine. The UK has had a very clear understanding of how the strongarm man in Iraq is how it has been for more than 5000 years. Yet the americans deliberately disolved the iraqi army to cause unending chaos between the last tie of unity the suni-shia had...especially against iran
    i commend the british for their work and service. Iraq is still broken, though.

Well I wouldnt say Im ignorant... I am a military contractor as my fulltime job, and know that when it comes to small unit fighting in remote areas with very limited support.. The british forces have been exposed to much more extreme situations. These wikileaks may have locations of bases but are not anything more than that... intelligence on the ground from opfor or locals already has their locations pinpointed.. with or without WIKILEAKS. Now if the DODs current Sat data was released then.. this would be extremely bad. Then you could plan perfect mortar strikes onto the fuel depots inside the wire of a base.. every shot could be preplanned from surrounding locations instead of guessed shots which lead to counter mortar strikes which will come hit or miss.
    You obviously realize as a military man that intelligence put out in the open is available to both sides? And I'd say the British military has a bit of a technological advantage against a country that barely has electricity. If sensitive information was leaked, not only would coalition forces probably find it quicker (the pentagon probably has a fucking task force watching every pinhole 24/7), but they would also be able to counter any attacks. They'd literally be able to know it's coming. Or at least be ready for it.

Either way.... a rapist should go to jail.. but someone just laying the cards on the table shouldnt be responsible for the actions of the people in question as far as the leaks are concerned.
    I believe the whole rape thing to be a fabrication. As I stated in my first post, when has anyone been extradited for not using a condom? Seriously.
    Last edited by djhipnotikk; 12-07-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Ahhhhh tl;dr. Stupid sleep!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjNmGsQ16Vg

Tech Guru

Its the inference that 'it could have been worse but your alright, we wont tell everything' that gives it that air of 'you should be grateful'.
    In your eyes. That's your perception.

How do you know this will only affect Corporate interests? How can yo be so certain?
    I never said it would only effect corporate interests. Only that modern news organizations are corporate entities, and they are driven by profit- not service. This was not always the case in the US - historically it's a recent development.

News is not partizan at all.
    ALL modern news is partisan - doubly so in the US, where audience polarization is used as a tactic. The situation is much different in the UK than it is here in the states. A very small handful of corporations own and control a majority of the news outlets here, and they owe their power and profit to the government (who granted them their power through FCC deregulation and the elimination of ownership/cross-ownership rules). It's entirely possible for a single company (like ClearChannel) to own all of the local TV and Radio in a particular town - along with the newspaper. And yes, these companies have very clear political agendas.

Nothing will change.
    This attitude is exactly why we have our current situation. I strongly disagree. This is why you live in a surveillance society, surrounded by more than 4.2 MILLION cameras.

Wikileaks are 16 year olds conspiracy theorists wet dream.
    I am neither 16 or a conspiracy theorist. Most of my professional career (the last 15 years or so) was spent as an audio engineer/A1 for live television - specifically live news. I worked at CNN in that role for just over 5 years starting 3 days after 9/11. So I have a long background in news. I know from actual experience how the system works, and why decisions are made. And I'm old enough to remember the history of broadcast news and how it's transitioned from a federally mandated public service to a for profit entertainment medium. You don't have to agree with my opinion, but understand that I'm speaking from a position of personal knowledge about a topic I hold very dear.

I have NEVER said that these leaks were harmless. I know they aren't. But I believe that Wikileaks plays an important and necessary role, and that they shouldn't be silenced. If they are, it's my sincere hope that someone else steps right up behind them to carry the torch of a free press. Without these checks and balances, governments will run roughshod over their subjects.

Free speech is important.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    -Ben Franklin

Tech Guru

jesse ventura is going to be so pissed

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    jesse ventura is going to be so pissed
    HAHAHAHA

he really is. and you know what happens when he gets angry..

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast