replacing the faders and knobs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default replacing the faders and knobs

Hi all,

I got the S4 and so far so good i havent encountered any problems... installed the software, updated drivers n all thing just worked straight outta the box guess am the few lucky ones that didnt have issues with the unit or software...
    minor gripe for me is that its hard to see the knobs and faders if u are in a dim room or booth... did a house party last saturday room was dark had to "feel" my way around the mixer any one knws of replacement knobs and faders that fit the S4... especially like the white ones for the VCI 100 or even colored ones...

cheers
    chubbz

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The DJTT knobs and fader caps fit the S4.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Hey photojojo, do you have some of the neon knobs and faders from the store here?

If so, would you be able to put a few on your unit and snap a shot? I have a feeling the replacement knobs are a tad thicker than the stock knobs, which might actually be less than what I was looking for lol.

sweeet...

Sorry, no neon knobs at hand. They are a tad thicker and not quite as tall I think. I'm exploring the possibility of using some of the brush on vinyl used for applying to tool handles and such on the stock knobs.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Mentor

It seems like the spare faders / knobs are sold out from the store!

Anywhere else to purchase?

Yul bought some DJ's face, no personnel experience though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Yes, those I got were originally supposed to fit a Xone product (most Xone products do share the same components) but with the adapter they fit the S4 too (they're a bit loose but that can be easily fixed).
    My experience with Djs face is fine but their shipping costs are not very well thought actually (it's quite expensive considering the products and it's weight). Their range of color is great. The knobs are the same height as the stock ones, a bit chunkier, but don't feel as good (only a personal opinion) so it's really a matter of aesthetic here.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Sweet i was going to ask about this so the same nobs as fit the vci 100s i take it?

www.zoosh.es
    Macbook pro 15" 2.6 Ghz | Traktor S4/Pro 2.03 | NI Maschine | Novation Launchpad |

I'm also looking at replacing some of the knobs & faders on my S4. I tried a knob from my pioneer djm 800 - they fit like a dream, BUT, they 'point the wrong way - i.e when the S4 knob is at 12 o clock position the knobs white line actually shows it at 9 o clock.

This lead me to think, will this be the same with all other knobs? I see Yul you said the Xone ones fitted, but do the white lines match up correctly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast