The Hype Machine - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxledaron View Post
    Blogs aren't givin' away illegal music, they only share free music and free promo's (I'm talkin' about european and us blogs), 5 years ago they were givin' illegal music, but now it has changed...
    There's all kinds of illegal downloads on some (most?) of these blogs. I'm not saying that there's not legit blogs on Hypem, but to say that aren't giving away illegal music is just wrong.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Blogs aren't givin' away illegal music, they only share free music and free promo's (I'm talkin' about european and us blogs), 5 years ago they were givin' illegal music, but now it has changed...
    You reckon?

Free music and free promos? LOL

Generally, promos aren't 'free', they are given to certain DJs to help push another artisits tunes so they get out there in the forefront so others will then buy them, they aren't meant for public consumption.

Blogs are peddling illegal music, the majority of the time. It's just the current way of doing it rather than peer 2 peer or mediafire/rapidshare/4shared.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

I wish this were entirely true. It's half true.

While it's true there are many more legit promo-only blogs out there than 4-5 years ago, the amount of illegally published music by other blogs is still tremendous.

The really well-respected blogs with the best content and endless artist/label contacts have driven newer startup blogs with few or no artist/label contacts to publish ill-gotten content in order to try competing. They might not be widely viewed websites, but they are out there in staggering numbers, largely due to how easy it is for any individual, no matter how culturally insignificant he or she is, to get a blog up and indexed.

Music blog economy is bizzarro, broe.

Tech Guru

You mean "if you are looking for a new dance track and it doesn't show up on obscure russian forums, it is not on the internet "

That's more true
    I are dont get it
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

OMG SPAM! rawr rawr rawr RAGE! hahaha XD

Thanks for sharing Daze

I'm actually starting to think itsa bit gash. Most of the blogs are just stuff on soundcloud which is easier for me to follow directly on soundcloud. I'll give it a bit longer but feeling very meh about it at the mo.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmydaze View Post
    I'm actually starting to think itsa bit gash. Most of the blogs are just stuff on soundcloud which is easier for me to follow directly on soundcloud. I'll give it a bit longer but feeling very meh about it at the mo.
    I think it's a good thing. Soundcloud's closed system makes it easy to be found out by other users if you're hustling other people's commodities.

Still, I personally know promoters and DJs who blatantly publish tracks they haven't cleared. My take on it is: do you want to do things the grown-up way or the junior-high school way?

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    If you are looking for a new dance track and it does not show up on a hypem or soundcooud search, it is not on the internet
    false. i've found plenty of tracks online that aren't on hypem.
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12