Discotrick needs a new trick! Equipment Questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd also like to throw in the idea of the Stanton SCS3 System. Not knocking the VCI-100SE by any means (I think it's an awesome piece of kit) but it's another option for you.

One of my buddies just switched from a Torq and turntable setup over to Traktor and the Stanton SCS3 System, and loves it. He travels a lot, and wanted a really mobile setup that he could throw in a backpack and go, and it delivers on that account.

It's also bright and shiny, which gets a lot of attention. I know the VCI-100SE is as well, so it's somewhat of a moot point, but it'll come down to what you'll be most comfortable with. He really like the SCS system because it has no knobs or anything to break, and he really likes the touch controls.

But it's basically in the same price bracket, if not a little less if you get it used. Something to chew over.

I'd also recommend the Audio 2 DJ for your soundcard.

EDIT: I also use iTunes for my music sorting and couldn't be happier with it. I'm also a nut about making all my actual filenames correct though, and I do everything manually. (Which takes forever). But in the end, I find iTunes is the easiest method of taking care of everything.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Thanks for the reply, BigC. I was also considering the SCS 3 System but I dont know if the mixer would work for me. I don't know if the touch sensitive pads would be a good replacement for a knob. Can those be hooked up to a mixer instead? I was thinking 2 dascratch controllers + a Denon Dn-x120+ Audio 2 DJ would work and still be under my price range. Has anybody tried the mixer + 2 Midi fighter deckalized setup?

the 2 midifighter + mixer is actually my set up now and i use the deckalized mapping. I do like it, and it has a lot of options, but i feel a little limited on effects (but you could always change the mapping for different effects).

But its good, i havnt tried to much beat juggling, but the arcade buttons are still nice even though i dont. but i dunno what else to say but i was happy with it haha
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Thanks George. My only worry with getting the 2 MF + Mixer setup is that if something goes wrong with the MF I won't know how to fix it. Any suggestions on what mixer to get? If I get that type of setup I'd also need to get a soundcard. I'm wondering if I can keep the costs under USD$600 though... Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrick View Post
    Thanks George. My only worry with getting the 2 MF + Mixer setup is that if something goes wrong with the MF I won't know how to fix it. Any suggestions on what mixer to get? If I get that type of setup I'd also need to get a soundcard. I'm wondering if I can keep the costs under USD$600 though... Any other suggestions?
    Well i first bout it all as 2 midi fighters, an X Session Pro, and audio 2. i got the x session for like $60 though, and i liked it and it got the job done, but i wanted to upgrade to an analog mixer almost as soon as i got it :/ but you can get some good used 2 channel mixers on like ebay for pretty cheap. They just posted an article all about 2 channel mixers here! i would check that out.

But the midi fighters really are not that complicated, like if you have the deckalized mapping, Ean really tells you everything you need to do in the video. I mean i have not had any problems with them so far so, but i havnt taken them out of my room too haha.

But i would look on ebay for mixers if you were to get one. Like i got my Numark Pro SM-3 for $75, and its a three channel mixer.
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Nice. What kind of music do you spin?

Like electro, house, nu disco, and i guess some other stuff :P but stuff mostly around like a 120 or 130 bpm. Im still trying to figure out what kind of music i like to mix the most though

Ahh ok. I was wondering if you did stuff that required more of a controllerist touch to it. That's one of the reasons why I'm holding back on getting MFs because I feel like I might miss using a jogwheel somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12