Traktor Scratch Pro w/ CDJs
    Tech Student

Default Traktor Scratch Pro w/ CDJs

So for quite some time ive been having some trouble syncing my cdj timecode to my traktor. It does work, but no where near as smooth as it should, and its making me to nervous to use live.

It seems that the timecode cd's dont read clearly in the cdjs (400's), and i cant naturally beatmatch. When i touch the tempo change or pinch bend on the wheel its not manipulating the sound properly as a straight cd would. Also, whenever i set a cue on the cdj and tap on the bottom to keep beat, it skips forward and i lose the exact cue, which really rattles me. I burned the latest update for the timecode on cd, and it is hooked up properly.

The other is is more directed to digital dj'ing. In the "move" or "beatjump" option, it only works on deck A and not B. I have no clue whatsoever why.

Im pretty familiar with traktor now and have troubleshooted a lot of issues myself, but this is seriously limiting me to play shows and have made me just want to switch to serato stricly based on its consistency.

Hopefully some of you can help me out. Thanks

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

why not use the 400 with HID?

Tech Guru

is master tempo on?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Have you recalibrated the decks?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

i noticed that if the audio 8 isnt plugged in when traktor opens, then plugged in, the timecode control doesnt really work, i have to close and reopen traktor
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Student

Padi, i practice with the timecode because i use mk3s in clubs and want the same set up.

dj chris, ive tried with master tempo on and off, doesnt change much. i also always set up traktor with the start wizard and change up everything to how i want, and then restart my computer (macbook) before opening traktor to get going.

im trying to see if theres a native instruments rep i can meet in toronto canada to resolve this its seriously driving me crazy

Tech Guru

it shouldnt matter what cdj you use, because its just an audio signal...deffo a strange one