CDJ cue point question - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    Who would have ever guessed that things from the past aren't as technologicaslly competant as things from the future!

I'm still rocking my original abacus man, them calculators are wack!

CDJ 500 first came out in 1990 (ish), that's 20 years ago. CDJ800s came out in 1998, 12 years ago, trying mixing on a PC back then! Of course things have changed for the better in that time.

It's not rocket science.
    Exactly so why the f**k would a company continue to produce a product without up to date technology? It's like a car company manufacturing cars without seat belts or airbags ffs. And people buying them because 'they're built well'.
    CDJ's are the ones that are wack, sir. Wiggety wack.

Tech Guru

well, as has been mentioned, the cdj's ur mixing on have 12 year old technology... thats why mr pioneer released the 850's, 900's and 2000's in the last year and a bit....you know, to update things.

the cdj800s you have with 12 year old technology aren't going to update themselves.....
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    Exactly so why the f**k would a company continue to produce a product without up to date technology? It's like a car company manufacturing cars without seat belts or airbags ffs. And people buying them because 'they're built well'.
    CDJ's are the ones that are wack, sir. Wiggety wack.
    They have updated them, several times, you're the one seemingly obsessing over old tech, you seem a bit confused by all of this, perhaps you should move on, it's affecting you in a totaly non-positive way, let it go.....

Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Never. I insist pioneer apologize for their lack of foresight and overall gouging. And to boot, I've got something in my front pocket for you, why don't you reach inside my pocket and see what it is.

Tech Guru

It's not that hard to figure out why Pioneer have made different models... it all boils down to budget. If you're a beginner you'll generally go for the 400's, then as you realise you require jog wheel response you'll upgrade to 800's, then again as you realise you require more features, such as cue point memory, you' go for the 1000's or 2000's.

Oh and they still manufacture cars without airbags, same goes for electric windows, ABS brakes, air conditioning etc. If you want the extras you gotta pay for em!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    It's not that hard to figure out why Pioneer have made different models... it all boils down to budget. If you're a beginner you'll generally go for the 400's, then as you realise you require jog wheel response you'll upgrade to 800's, then again as you realise you require more features, such as cue point memory, you' go for the 1000's or 2000's.

Oh and they still manufacture cars without airbags, same goes for electric windows, ABS brakes, air conditioning etc. If you want the extras you gotta pay for em!
    what he said
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Just to add on to what everyone else said:

the company continues/continued to produce the "product with out of date technology" for so long because people kept buying them.

A bit off topic but didnt want to make a new thread can you use the cue points on a cdj when using timecode??
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldunne109 View Post
    A bit off topic but didnt want to make a new thread can you use the cue points on a cdj when using timecode??
    Nope, you use your controller for that

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    Just to add on to what everyone else said:

the company continues/continued to produce the "product with out of date technology" for so long because people kept buying them.
    And people keep buying them because they work, they rarely break and the can be found in clubs across the globe.

Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast