How many prefer to use Ableton over Traktor? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by djsakebomb View Post
    more possibilities with ableton.
    Pretty much this. I haven't found anything yet that I want to do but can't in Ableton, and I've barely scratched the surface of what's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Here's the thing - Ableton is HUGE. I mean HUGE.…Traktor is not so huge (although it is still BIG).…In the right hands, Ableton can do pretty much anything. That's pretty daunting to newbs.
    Traktor is not big. Once you get used to Live, Traktor feels like a toy. I still enjoy it, as it's a style of mixing I kind of missed. But it's really not that powerful. I guess my expectations are skewed, because it's at least as powerful as any of its direct competition, and it's more powerful than CDs or Vinyl, but…that claim has not impressed me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    I haven't found anything yet that I want to do but can't in Ableton, and I've barely scratched the surface of what's possible.
    I have. Track organization in Live is a complete b!+ch.

It doesn't matter for studio mixes, but for playing in front of an audience, it gets annoying. You have to be really picky about the tracks you bring if you're starting with them in your live set, or you have to be ready for random periods of heavy disk access while it's updating your decoding cache if you don't. And, you need a lot more free disk space to run Live than to run Traktor.

They're issues that you can deal with just fine, and I really enjoy mixing in Live some of the time…but it's also really nice to have a searchable library that shows cover art and holds a larger collection without using up ridiculous amounts of disk space.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234