after 24 years Im back on an apple
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default after 24 years Im back on an apple

Started with an apple 2 c, then tandy 1000 pc clone and PCs ever since. Many PC vs mac wars have been waged.. most of all my PC vs MAC fights always have been won by PC and its superiority over MAC.. like mac never having a floating point processor.. so no games, no 3d development software.. Mac just Sucked super hard all through the 90s. Then slowly Mac got smart and figured out that 3d will be needed and some 6 year old games appeared .. Then I started to lose the fights in terms of running Adobe products in stable conditions. Protools, avid and so forth. A few good pc games started to make it to Mac, I still resisted.. partially because still the best games on this planet only run on pc... thats an opinion based on my profession which is developing games for the pc.
    but then came the moment where I wanted my audio stuff to just work with no hassle.. on windows XP it wasnt so bad... but the latest hardware is not meant for XP... then VISTA gave me PC AIDS and ever since I have been hating pc more and more... and now after all this time.... Ive ordered a macbook pro and I really hope its as great as everyone here on the forum makes it out to be... Ive been researching and 99 out of 100 people seem to never have issues that are not caused by their own doing...

so I dont know if Im suppose to praise you guys for pushing me over the edge or if I should curse you for making me eat my words that I would never ever own a mac EVER!

damn... sorry had to get this off my chest... especially after the reality sank in with my confirmation email... sorry family and friends.. no xmas presents for you this year.. im tapped out

welcome back! which mbp did you get 13/15/17" i5 or i7? I nearly pissed myself with the PC AIDS thing :eek:
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Haha nicee im looking to buy a mac too....and i swore against them. But if it works it works. Im not gonna waste money on something thats gonna give me problems

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You getting a Mac should be present enough for them if they really love you.

Welcome back!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    welcome back! which mbp did you get 13/15/17" i5 or i7? I nearly pissed myself with the PC AIDS thing :eek:
    15'' i7 2.66 8gb ram 256 ssd

This is mainly a pure Ableton live machine ... At some point I may get an s4, I have SL3 but somehow find Ableton more enjoyable by itself and serato is only appealing for the video aspect.

Connecting Xone 2d and 1d and some other controllers were causing all sorts of drop outs , freezes, crashes and just stuff that drives me insane. I spend more time fixing problems than anything else. And because of this uncertainty I feel like a leper with a pc.. even if you wrap yourself up with bandages, the gangreen still stinks, gets stuck to the gauze and flies will always circle you.

Im hoping using a mac is more like the warm inner thigh of your dream girl right after a hot shower instead of the PC leper description

Tech Wizard

congratz you're now officially a fool. take comfort in the fact that, now, steve loves you. (he just loves parting fools from their money.)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperjones View Post
    congratz you're now officially a fool. take comfort in the fact that, now, steve loves you. (he just loves parting fools from their money.)
    On one side the old me agrees with you... but the other has to admit that pc users are all in the closet with secretly wanting a mac but will never admit it until they make that step.. Its hard to do.. and easy to fight the urge.

and to actually set the record straight.... I get paid from your tax money.. and I get paid alot to do very little

If I turned Mac I'd have to change my name and move house otherwise there would be a queue of Apple fans down the street ready to Nelson Muntz me

Honestly now though if I had the extra cash I would consider it but my next laptop purchase needs to be used for software development in college. PC it is then...

Also paying €1700 for a mid-level Core2Duo system makes me want to cry

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jasperjones View Post
    We love you to jasperjones.

EDIT: That's not my first reply
    Last edited by photojojo; 12-09-2010 at 07:38 PM.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

cool

few things, which you may need to be prepared for:
    1. The Xone 1D may have issues - it's a USB1, and the latest Core iX chipsets are known to cause issues with USB1. Mac & OS X is not an exclusion from this.
    2. Mac hardware is nothing more than your legal way of running OS X. the hardware is decent, but not much more than that. OS X is what you will (eventually) benefit from.
    3. OS X is (almost) a freeBSD underneath. It usually "just works", but if doesn't it's fixable. a techie like you should find his way around

Great choice on the specs! Wish you a very pleasant experience with it (as we all have with our macbooks).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast