6.5 hours later and I'm still shwanged...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default 6.5 hours later and I'm still shwanged...

Presario CQ62 - Windows 7 - Vestax VCI-100SE - Traktor Pro - Sony MDR-V500 - AUDIO 2 DJ - ***COMPUTER SPEAKERS***

I've been setting up for a whole day. I'm frustrated, my mind is cloudy and I feel so beaten. I'm hanging up the gloves for the night. Going to try my luck again tomorrow on a fresh mind.

I've got a couple questions before bed. I do not have a pair of monitored speakers or any speakers that will fit into the input on the audio 2 dj. My headphones will fit in there, but my computer speakers plug is the size that would fit into an ipod. I don't know how I'm able to set up that equipment so I can monitor through headphones, yet have it come out of my "will have to do" computer speakers for the time being.

Also... Traktor won't remember my controller mapping? This is how I've been setting it up. If that's not right, please be easy on me, as I've been struggling all day. File > Controller Manager > Import v3.6.4 .tsi for the PC > select my vci as my device press close and nothing changes. I don't get any control from my device in traktor. Can anybody please help.

I'm frustrated and feel so lost.

I was looking forward to this for weeks. Literally hit so many tiny ass roadblocks that were sooo inconvenient. And now I can't even get my equipment set up to the point where I can learn it.

If anybody is willing to help me along tmrw please respond. it would be grealy appreciated.
    MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND
    SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK| TWITTER

Plug something like this into the audio 2, add some RCA cables and go from there.

In your output routings in the preferences, you want to set "Master" to 1&2, and "Monitor" to 3&4. with your fancy schmancy new adaptor and rca cables you can plug into a stereo or amp, and plug your phones into the other side.

As for the mapping issue, i could be wrong but am fairly sure you cant save or modify mappings with the LE version of traktor mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Gimme a second i will scrounge up some plugs and post an example pic mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You need the adapter jester shows for when you get monotor speakers. To hook your computer speakers with the 1/8 jack you need an 1/8 female to 1/4 male adapter like this.

http://www.buy.com/prod/1-8-3-5mm-fe...213271874.html

Open Traktor preferences and use the big import button to import the mapping and set the VCI in the In/Out ports. Do that twice restarting Traktor each time. Then set the audio routing like Jester said. Don't worry when you open preferences again and it says keyboard, that's normal. As long as you've got the VCI selected in the In/Out ports it should work.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

A few different plugs etc you could use. This is how i go if i'm playing at someones house or something with no notice.

Using the Audio 4 as an example, same principle for your A2 tho.

^ what he said

Bring up the VCI mapping in the controller editor once imported and make sure you've got the VCI selected for the MIDI in and MIDI out ports.

Oh and you probably can't load a .tsi from a newer version of Traktor into an older version of Traktor so make sure you are running the newest version 1.2.7.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

God we're good

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Hey Jester, your plugs and my plugs should get together and party.

Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

haha yeah, man i've got shitloads, pretty much a plug or adaptor for every occasion

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast