digital djing but manual beatmatching? which controller?
    Tech Wizard

Default digital djing but manual beatmatching? which controller?

hey, I'm not interesting anymore in FX and stuff like this, I just want to mix 2 tracks and maybe some samples.

I have and use traktor, but I'm looking for the cheapest way to do proper beatmatching. My manual beatmatching isn't great, I need to practise. I guess that means a dj style midi controller with a 14bit pitchbend fader (I think normal 7bit isn't enough for pitching?) ? A integrated soundcard would be nice just for practising but no must. really I'm looking for a cheap solution.

I'm also open minded for other ideas how to beatmatch manually in traktor. I don't know I also had the idea just to use my bcr2000 to pitchbend (encoder) and nudge ( -+with the buttons). I don't know how important the controller (jog wheels) vs. skill is when it comes to beatmachting.

You're going to need something with HID Jogwheels then really. The most inexpensive is the VCI-100SE. Otherwise, the VCI-300, NS7, or S4 are your other options.

While you "can" beatmatch with other controllers, it won't be as accurate due to the signal being sent isn't as good as the HID jogs.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

You could use an X1. It has pitch adjust up and down as well as temporary pitch bend buttons.

But…why use Traktor and manual beat matching? I mean, with TSP you have to. But why do it otherwise?

If you want to do it the manual way, I say just get decks.

Oh, and be careful playing out…if you use a computer with a controller and screw up beat matching, you're going to get flamed on a forum somewhere. ;-)

VCI-100 would make the most sense i think

Seeing you already have a mixer, perhaps denon DN-SC2000's are an option?
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Wizard

I would love the s4 controller but can afford something big t the moment. that's why I search a cheap solution.the problem with the the vci... it has 7bit pitchfader as I remember?

the DN-SC2000 looks interessting and is in the budget, I will read some reviews in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Y
    But…why use Traktor and manual beat matching? I mean, with TSP you have to. But why do it otherwise?

If you want to do it the manual way, I say just get decks.

Oh, and be careful playing out…if you use a computer with a controller and screw up beat matching, you're going to get flamed on a forum somewhere. ;-)
    because I like to play just tracks and blend them over without doing more. I dont like fx and extensiv looping. I don't have a good feeling when I use sync and only mixing two tracks. and I just like to have the ability to beatmatch on the spot manually.

eks otus
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I mean, with TSP you have to. But why do it otherwise?
    thats untrue, you can use sync in TSP
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,