My order fromm DJTT has cost me a fortune now...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default My order fromm DJTT has cost me a fortune now...

I ordered a vci-100se overlay and a yellow knob & fader kit which in total came to $90 with shipping, which is approx £57. Now ive just been hammered for import tax at a cost of £18.50 tbh not happy now as all in all its cost me almost £80 for some plastik fookin knobs and a piece of sticky paper....i know its not the djtt stores fault and in now way am i blaming them i just think that customs charge is fucking silly!!! for what ive ordered...oh well rant over, cant wait to get em on monday and transform my vci-100 into summat that i hope will look the dogs bollox
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

The customs thing sucks, especially for any commercial goods coming from the USA into the EU.

I usually have things sent to a mate's house and I have him repackage the item into a nondescript packing box and have it resent as 'personal items' through a parcel service. I frankly don't think I am doing anything illegal because well, the are personal items. I don't earn money from DJing or do it professionally so everything that I order from the states has no commercial value and is not being used for commercial aims in the EU, so the taxman can bite me.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkd View Post
    The customs thing sucks, especially for any commercial goods coming from the USA into the EU.

I usually have things sent to a mate's house and I have him repackage the item into a nondescript packing box and have it resent as 'personal items' through a parcel service. I frankly don't think I am doing anything illegal because well, the are personal items. I don't earn money from DJing or do it professionally so everything that I order from the states has no commercial value and is not being used for commercial aims in the EU, so the taxman can bite me.
    next time il get em thru u then haha... really pissed me off that has, at the end of the day parcel force and customs can charge whatthey want as they know we are going to want our parcel....
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

hope my djtt order won't be taxed by the customs. It has been sent tuesday, hope i'll come son in france without tax!!!

sorry for you dude

Quote Originally Posted by cassius View Post
    hope my djtt order won't be taxed by the customs. It has been sent tuesday, hope i'll come son in france without tax!!!

sorry for you dude
    i dunno how it works over in france, i read up on it on the customs website and it says royal mail/parcel force can charge for opening the parcel, re-packaging it and sealing it and a handling charge as they pay the tax on your behalf then get it back off us by the tune of twice as much i reckon!!!

yeah the tax thing is super skanky, but once you get that overlay on you'll be happy as a pig in mud... i do hope you ordered the firmware upgrade kit too? You know you need that right?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I gave him a FW kit with the VCI. I didnt need it.
    Did my mates VCI to 1.4 the day before then that was it.

Long gone :-(

[QUOTE=MaxOne;192031]yeah the tax thing is super skanky, but once you get that overlay on you'll be happy as a pig in mud... i do hope you ordered the firmware upgrade kit too? You know you need that right?[/QUOT

Yeah mate, i bought the vci off Karlos on here and indeed i got the firmware kit with it and Karlos had already updated it to fw1.4, i have loaded the 3.6.4 tsi on now and its working fine i just need the overlay so i know what im pressing without having to look at a piece of paper with it on i printed off with the walkthru cos thats a right pain in the arse haha ive got the yellow knob & faded kit too to jazz it up a little

yeah,.....I ordered 8 arcade buttons from Hong Kong....they cost $2.50 each.

Ended up paying a shit load more.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Always try to have 'em repacked & giftwrapped. Safes you shitloads of money.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast