My 'set-up'
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 'set-up'

Default My 'set-up'

Hey Guys,
    I make my own compilations for Spinning, play the odd set at private parties, small venues etc.
    Using -
    WAV files (Beatport & Juno)
    Tech House/Deep House/Prog
    Asus NJ61 with ASIO driver (v2)
    Traktor Pro
    X1 Kontrol
    Audio 2 DJ
    Use mainly in Internal Mixer mode ie mouse - using on board cross fader
    Do have M-Audio X Session Pro
    My question -
    1.Other than the 'geek factor' of using a mouse (which I DO enjoy) am I under-utilising my rig?
    2.Which is my 'best' mapping option for the X1?
    Thank you.
    Jonathan.

Tech Guru

He's not showing his setup he's asking a question about the best optimal setup
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

with all of that i'd imagine you wouldn't have to use your mouse at all.

my friend with an X1 uses a standard mapping (AFAIK) and he can scroll through his collection and select/load tracks to different decks, use effects, cues, etc.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

nvm then, wasn't fully awake when replied

Don't mean to be frank but I can't believe you would prefer to mix with a mouse over say the controlls over the x session pro. Also when people see you mixing with a mouse I think "unprofessional".
    I reckon you'd have alot more fun with knobs (lol) and faders

Nearly in the same boat, I recently gigged with a guy who used his mouse(VDJ), aswell as realplayer and youtube to dj! Never again will I associate myself with him until he up's his game.

I reckone x session mapped as a simple mixer for eq's and the Kontrol x1 for effects n loops n hot cues. writings on the wall basically.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Problem with using the mouse is that you can only adjust one parameter at a time, when generally you're going to want to be doing two at a time. e.g. lowering the bass on one track and raising it on the other.

Just use the xsession pro for levels and EQs. It's a much more comfortable and efficient way to do it than the mouse.

What do you use the mouse for if you have an X1?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

The X1 is brand new - I obviously need to to map it. Been busy 'finding my feet' with it, as the playing live is new. Up to now only been compiling, mixing and recording 'Spinning' music. Is the 'best' mapping the standard NI protocol? I get that the 'mouse' idea is geeky and 'unprofessional' but it's a bad 'habit' that I learned with VDJ and subsequently Traktor.
    Thank you for being frank.

Hi Jon, take a look in the Controller forum. I posted my most recent x1 mapping and a 'handy' diagram explaining some of the changes i made to the standard setup. depending on your style something along the lines of what i use may be of use to you. Cheers, j
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast