Traktor S4 moding... Possible?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traktor S4 moding... Possible?

Can the S4 get arcade buttons? Here you can get Sanwa buttons lower that 24mm which are used for the VCI100 arcade.

http://www.lizardlick.com/Sanwa-Pushbuttons_c_152.html

Can the faders and knobs be replaced with the ones sold on the DJTT store? I grew to love my green knobs
    Erase. Stop. Start.

These buttons are translucent, if they could fit the space you ould also put some leds, or original led's maybe, in them!! http://www.lizardlick.com/search.asp....y=0&search=GO
    Erase. Stop. Start.

I like where you heads at. Any progress so far?

The faders and knobs can be replaced but some of mine are a little bit loose when I put them on.

bump for this thread since when you google traktor s4 green knobs this is the second entry. Vestax knobs, VCI 100 knobs, green knobs, UV knobs, faders, traktor kontrol s4 mod, modding, chocolate covered traktor S4... lol

Any ideas in how to mod the S4 with arcade buttons?
    Erase. Stop. Start.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You're going to have to open it up and take a look inside. Please document it well when you do as I've not built up the nerve to void my warranty yet.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

DJTT has already reported there's not enough room to add arcade buttons. It was in one of the first articles DJTT did about the S4 check the blog.

I read that but I thought they were talking about the 24mm buttons on the VCI & Midi Fighter. They definitely will not fit.

What about the 18mm or 20mm Sanwa buttons? From my measurements they should fit in the holes for the bottom 8 buttons on each side. They are roughly 15mm by 18mm. They may even fit in the upper 4 too if you space them correctly. They are 10mm by 18mm.

Tech Guru

Probably the logic board is the base for the built-in rubber buttons in the S4. That means that if you try installing the arcade buttons, you won't be limited by the S4's case depth but from the space between the upper plate and the logic board beneath it.

The VCI-100 arcade mod is only possible because the low row of buttons were on mini board below the jogs. With S4, it will all depend if it has only one huge logic board with all buttons/jogs/knobs/faders on it or it has several smaller boards. You cannot drill to make a whole in the board and then re-wire the arcade buttons ...

Quote Originally Posted by knaumov View Post
    Probably the logic board is the base for the built-in rubber buttons in the S4. That means that if you try installing the arcade buttons, you won't be limited by the S4's case depth but from the space between the upper plate and the logic board beneath it.

The VCI-100 arcade mod is only possible because the low row of buttons were on mini board below the jogs. With S4, it will all depend if it has only one huge logic board with all buttons/jogs/knobs/faders on it or it has several smaller boards. You cannot drill to make a whole in the board and then re-wire the arcade buttons ...
    No. You can just solder wires to the spot on the logic board regardless of if it's one huge motherboard or several. It's the way modchips are installed.

Ill check a friends S4 for measurements
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    No. You can just solder wires to the spot on the logic board regardless of if it's one huge motherboard or several. It's the way modchips are installed.

Ill check a friends S4 for measurements
    I think what knaumov is trying to say is that it's not width or height that's the problem it's depth.

I'm sure you'll find something like this:

Top-Plate/Outer Casing
    Logic/Motherboard

With only a few MM between them, all the Sawna buttons are over 5mm deep. so they can't sit into the S4 without fouling against the logic board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast