Start Out and Need Advice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Start Out and Need Advice.

Short Version
    New to DJ and wanting to buy a first setup. Thinking of Custom VCI-100
    Is a soundcard needed, Audio 2 DJ good, or any other suggestions?
    ThinkPad T510 is the laptop I will be using.
    Since the 1.4 Firmware was released, is a Firmware kit still needed to update?

Long Version
    New here, and Ean Golden really pushed the limit and I am now finally getting a turntable setup. I been wanting one for a few years now, and I been looking at the Custom VCI-100. I never even touched a turntable/controller before so I was wondering if someone could help me out and point me into the correct direction.

For now I just want to be a "bedroom DJ" and record CDs to play in my car. A few questions I have is mainly about the VCI-100 and Audio 2 DJ, so any help is greatly accepted.

I own a ThinkPad T510 (Main Laptop) and wondering if I need the Audio 2 DJ, or if anyone can suggest another card. Money is not that much a problem, but I don't want to break the bank with a first setup. I am really just wanting to record CDs in my room and that is about it for now. Also is there is extra cables needed that doesn't come with the VCI-100? I know DTT is offering firmware upgrades. Since the new 1.4, is a firmware needed to update, or is it installed in the controllers now?

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my questions. The faster the better, so I can go ahead and place my order for Christmas. ^_^

Get yourself a VCI-100, Audio 2, some headphones, Traktor LE and you are away my friend
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Already got Traktor Pro and messed around using a mouse, finally getting a controller. Would I be able to use some cheap 10$ ear buds from a local market? Since I don't really need the whole noise canceling club headset?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsALion View Post
    Already got Traktor Pro and messed around using a mouse, finally getting a controller. Would I be able to use some cheap 10$ ear buds from a local market? Since I don't really need the whole noise canceling club headset?
    Yep, only thing is I don't know about the VCI-100 but my S4 requires me to use a 1/4" to 1/8" converter for the headphones themselves to connect it. They run like $2.99 at BestBuy.

You'll need one of these for earbuds to plug into the Audio2...

Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Convert

OmniRoss, is that the item that Coldfuzion is talking about? Even if I don't plug in anything, will it be able to play through my laptop speakers?

earbuds?! duuude you dont need super flash headphones but get something reasonable at least. I have a pair of sennheiser hd-205's (bottom of the range) and they suit me just fine!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

If you dont have a soundcard, yes of course you can play through your speakers. If you have a soundcard, you will need an amp or stereo to plug into.

Tech Convert

Well JesterNZDJ, I do have Turtle Beach EarForce X41, which is an XBOX headset, that has 7.1 surround sound and bass boost. With the correct cables I suppose I could use those. :P I will get a headphone at a later time though. I am mainly worry about getting the controller setup and working and producing sound. Thanks everyone for the fast response time.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsALion View Post
    OmniRoss, is that the item that Coldfuzion is talking about? Even if I don't plug in anything, will it be able to play through my laptop speakers?
    1. Yes
    2. Yes and no

1. That is that item, you can get it in allmost every store, I assume they are going to sell it on corners or sth.

2. The problem lies here. Traktor can see only one soundcard at time, speakers are shown as one. Basicly you are getting audio 2 dj so you can sepparate sound to speakers and to headphones, so what you will need to do is plug headphones to one output of audio 2 dj and speakers to other one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast