Soon-to-be S4 owner!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default New S4 Owner!

New to the forum, and celebrated a birthday over the weekend. My wife's gift to me: A brand new, shiny....

...PHOTO of a Traktor S4.

On backorder. Total bummer. Now I'm like a kid trying to sleep on Christmas eve.

This will be my first step into the violent ocean that is DJing...I've made beats for a long time, and now I'm ready to take the next step.

Wish me luck! I'll use this thread as a central report hub for posting my experiences. Any tips, suggestions, or critiques are appreciated along the way!
    Last edited by KnightsOfTheRound; 01-17-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Tech Wizard

Gu' Luck G! Also, you have a wise wife! :P

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Welcome aboard
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

So I'm saving my pennies for a Macbook Pro. The 13" version doesn't have an i5 or i7 processor. Are the Core2Duo processors sufficient for Traktor S4? Or should I just hold out for the 15" version with an i5 or i7 processor?

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    So I'm saving my pennies for a Macbook Pro. The 13" version doesn't have an i5 or i7 processor. Are the Core2Duo processors sufficient for Traktor S4? Or should I just hold out for the 15" version with an i5 or i7 processor?
    Good God yes. i have a mid 2009 13" MBP and it can run TSP and ableton at the same time without problems.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Welcome aboard buddy! In meantime I suggest you to rip and manage your music library... that's the boring thing to do... but so much time consuming at the same time...

If you have plenty MP3 "I" suggest you run all of them to MP3Val software ( http://mp3val.sourceforge.net/ ) , this small utility test them (may even fix some problems) So it may avoid some software crash while playing a "bad" encoded mp3.

To manage your music collection, I suggest MediaMonkey ( http://www.mediamonkey.com/http://www.mediamonkey.com/ ). You can do a lot with the free version.

This should be enough to keep yourself busy in meantime

PS: the above software run on PC though... I heard MediaMonkey are going to make a MAC version...

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Good God yes. i have a mid 2009 13" MBP and it can run TSP and ableton at the same time without problems.
    same here, runs like a charm

welcome friend...
    im only newish here on these forums too, and i have to say, you've come to the right place.
    any questions at all just ask as there is many people more than willing to help out,

im sure if you even asked for the recipe for a good shepards pie you would get a good answer

Congrats KnightsOfTheRound!

My S4 shipped from Germany this morning, can't wait. Sorry to rub it in

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    im sure if you even asked for the recipe for a good shepards pie you would get a good answer
    There you go... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast