Kontrol x1 mapped as mixer
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Post Kontrol x1 mapped as mixer

Hallo to everyone,
    I a m a newbie in using the kontrol x1 with traktor scratch pro… (usually i used cdj 900 and they are perfect) i tryed to map it with bad results, well i was able to do nothing at all! (there are any video who explain how to map this infernal kontroller?)
    anyway maybe someone already mapped the x1 as i want to map it, and maybe someone could really help me.
    this is the setting i am looking for to bring my computer, the 8dj soundboard and the x1 only to play, to be a bit easier, when i do the small gigs.

with no shift pressed, as mini mixer

with shift pressed as fx mixer

please if you have it can you share it qwith me, maybe someone of you have even a better setting

Thank you very much

Marco

Here's my current X1 mapping mate. In a pinch you can use it by itself as a mixer. I'd be happy to go through the changes with you.
    Basically the top sections swap between FX + EQ Modes with the use of 2 toggle modifiers. Parts of the Bottom Section change to mixer functions in the EQ Mode. it is quite possible to do some mixing using just the x1
    I will get on to getting a diagram sorted and will post it up for you later.
    Last edited by Jester; 12-13-2010 at 03:04 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

here you go. might be a few things i've missed but i think i got most of the changes shown here. The result of several parties' tweaking so (for me anyway) i'm quite happy with this. I can help you make some changes to your own liking as well if you need to.

Edit: slightly clearer pic than the first one, which i whipped up in 10 minutes at 6am ish
    Last edited by Jester; 12-13-2010 at 09:55 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Looks like a nice mapper but in all honesty am having a lot of trouble reading all those RED and Blue lines... It's also very small and if i up the definition it becomes unreadable...

Any ways you can make your diagram more clear and easy to read ??

Cheers

ahh ok, its 3000x2000. i'll whip something a bit better up this afternoon for ya.

Tech Wizard

Thanks bro, it's a lot easier to read now.

Those this mapper is compatible with Traktor 1.2.7 ??

Some of the features aren't working normally...

Like if i twist the browser knobs it brings me the whole collection view and then it loads up a track on Deck A.

Ill play with it abit more tonight.
    DJ: Macbook Pro (Unibody) w/Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.8Ghz | 4GB DDR3 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.2 | VCI-400| Audio8 DJ | Kontrol X1 | Pioneer DJM-800 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-800 MK2

ya thats what its supposed to do, and reset to the deck view when you load the track. thats easily changed if you dont like it

Tech Convert

Thumbs up

Thnx jester, I will try it today in the early afternoon…how can you pass from standard mode to advanced mode?

I am mostly a traditional dj, always mixing with turntables, or cdj, now to go in small gigs with my laptop and the kontroller it's lika dream, is light and fast.
    That's what I am looking for.

In my opinion i will divide the two modes radically, as this:
    a normal mode when you use it like a mixer, a pure mixer, and 4 me the add on you placed on the buttons are super cool, like on the 1,2,3 button L/R the high,med, low killah! Perfetto!
    The two top fx on/off button i will use them to turn on/off the track on the monitor.
    I will leave divided the 4 browsers as 2 (browse and loop) for one deck and one for the other, and when you press shift with the top browser i will use it to go through playlists.

when you have the shift pressed i would like to use all the fx range like this

But, anyway thank you very much 4 the set you did, i will try as soon as i can I am working now () and… look for me in facebook/twitter if you use it, i would like to share friendship, you were superkind!
    Grazie mille!!!

Marco

Ps. what do you think of my mapping?

Hold down shift and press left or right on to toggle the modes. So you could have for example deck a as FX and deck b as EQ if you liked.
    Your mapping looks good. To be honest when i first worked on mine i added so much it got really complicated. So over a few parties i tweaked it down to be a lot simpler. Using the dry/wet as a volume knob is a good idea, i just like my filter as i dont use the faders much

Tech Convert

Jest, do you think that whenever you find a moment you can lose your time arranging my setting?
    is it possible… i dunno what i can give you in exchange… well, I work for an house label in italy, but i dunno you mix house music, you look lika other music lover… the label I am working for is truly commercial (snot the music i play, i am their designer) so…
    anyway… lemme know!
    wait 4 you on the social, will be great!

grazie mille

Marco

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast