Anyone know of any Music related jobs in London

Default Anyone know of any Music related jobs in London

Just as the title says.....

Anyone know of any full time music related jobs in London or Essex?

Anything, helping out doing admin at a recording studio ANYTHING.

Anyone?

you'd be lucky, or expect to earn next to nothing.

What are you ideally looking to get into?

I want something where i would gain an insight and more understanding of the music world.

I just want something where i would be working somewhere that is remotely related to music and/or production. Maybe a record label, maybe a recording studio.

Something along those lines...seems to be rare vacancies out there at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by DJew View Post
    I want something where i would gain an insight and more understanding of the music world.

I just want something where i would be working somewhere that is remotely related to music and/or production. Maybe a record label, maybe a recording studio.

Something along those lines...seems to be rare vacancies out there at the moment
    I ran my own label for a couple of years and it does open your eyes to lots of stuff. I had no experience prior but just jumped into it. I run it on my own and its hard work. I guess it depends what your end goal really is. Sorry to sound like some sort of job centre counsellor, but if you want to run a label I'd say jump at it. One thing that happened with me is as the label I set up became more succesful there were "bigger" labels within that scene that got in touch with me about helping them out or coming on board with them to do certain things. Although with that I'm sure that was a combo of wanting the extra help but also eliminating the competition a bit.

Of course if your looking at a more long term career from it then you'd probably want to look at working for a bigger company which will expose you to better and "proper" methods of doing things. My experience of running a label was it was well and truly ad hoc and made up as I went along. It seemed to work as I recently managed to sell the label off and for a reason profit (to be honest I didnt think it would be worth anything!)

Wow man well done for that!! Really impressed.

Yeah i mean runnin a label isnt on my priority list, but experience working at a label would definitely be on there.

We gota hang sometime man, im in essex at the moment, once ive finished all the interviews i have and sorted a job we'll get together.

Need to find a studio round essex to hire out, u know any?