Traktor Scratch Advanced Function/mapping help please!
    Banned

Default Traktor Scratch Advanced Function/mapping help please!

Here's the situation I use 2x 1200's and a mixer with traktor scratch pro And I had one of my Technics fry one of the little PCB's which I am waiting on a replacement to come.... Until then...

is there anyway I can use traktor to continously mix with just my one working deck? and not have to mix like Timecode/midicontrol/timecode/midicontol.?

Something Like having Deck A be my timecode then having the ability to dump whats playing in Deck A to a sampler (like in serato to free up a deck) or Dump it to another deck without interupting the track to free up my timecode (deck a)??
    IF so how do I set it up?

set one deck to scratch control and another to internal.

you can click & drag a song playing on your scratch control deck over to the internal deck (known as deck copy) and it will continue playing. Fade it in, then get kickin on your next blend on the timecode deck. Instant doubles!

^ pretty much.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

There must be a key shortcut/midi command for this. I know there is in DJ Decks - it's called InstantDoubles (I switch decks like this regularly during a set - especially during a juggle). You really only need 1 deck...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by MrM View Post
    Here's the situation I use 2x 1200's and a mixer with traktor scratch pro And I had one of my Technics fry one of the little PCB's which I am waiting on a replacement to come.... Until then...

is there anyway I can use traktor to continously mix with just my one working deck? and not have to mix like Timecode/midicontrol/timecode/midicontol.?

Something Like having Deck A be my timecode then having the ability to dump whats playing in Deck A to a sampler (like in serato to free up a deck) or Dump it to another deck without interupting the track to free up my timecode (deck a)??
    IF so how do I set it up?
    Here's how i would do it presuming you want to control 2 decks with 1 turntable.

1; Go to Preferences, Timecode Setup. If your working turntable is running through channel A you need to assign decks A and B to channel A.

2; Choose 2 keys on your keyboard or midi controller and assign these functions to them.

key 1

Playback mode Int/Rel/Abs (Assignment = Deck A, Set to value = Relative mode)

Playback mode Int/Rel/Abs (Assignment = Deck B, Set to value = Internal mode)

Deck Focus Select (Assignment = Deck A )

Key 2

Playback mode Int/Rel/Abs (Assignment = Deck B, Set to value = Relative mode)

Playback mode Int/Rel/Abs (Assignment = Deck A, Set to value = Internal mode)

Deck Focus Select (Assignment = Deck B )

Doing it like this will allow you to quickly select which deck has timecode control and at the same time switch the other deck into internal mode.

You don't have to map the Deck focus if you don't want, but i think it will help you keep track of the current deck using timecode.

Let us know if you get stuck....Oh and if you wanted to you could use all 4 decks using this method.

SSL has an input reverse function that I've used in exactly that situation…spinning all night on one working 1210. It seems like TSP should have something closer to that, but IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    There must be a key shortcut/midi command for this. I know there is in DJ Decks - it's called InstantDoubles (I switch decks like this regularly during a set - especially during a juggle). You really only need 1 deck...
    Map a key on your keyboard to "deck copy", which I believe is found in the "transport" flyout menu of the controller editor.

I have mine mapped as shift+left and shift+right for decks A and B respectively.

Many a night I have played for hours upon hours
    with righteous blends of judicious selections using no more...
    than a single turntable
    and deck copy.

Anyway, Traktor may have a key for this function set up in its pre-set keyboard mapping, which can be discovered with a brief glance of the manual.