Finally decided to get the s4
    Tech Wizard

Default Finally decided to get the s4

Hi guys. I finally decided to get the S4 and I went to Guitar Center to put it under the layway plan.. The reason for doing that is holyday gifts...I'm broke and do not have a grand to spend..
    Any bad feedbacks that I have to be aware of the unit or is it a good product..
    I have done my research and finally got the decision to get it over anything out there..
    MBP----S4-----SONY MDR-V700

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Congrats and post up when you get it. Make sure you read the manual, there's some new things in there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY View Post
    Hi guys. I finally decided to get the S4 and I went to Guitar Center to put it under the layway plan.. The reason for doing that is holyday gifts...I'm broke and do not have a grand to spend..
    Any bad feedbacks that I have to be aware of the unit or is it a good product..
    I have done my research and finally got the decision to get it over anything out there..
    Congratulations . It's an awesome unit, and I would do exactly what Photojojo said along with two other things!

Here's a quick checklist of stuff i'd do on my unit right away:
    1) Make sure all the functions on the hardware are working correctly - This is because there are a couple units that are defective, so you want to make sure that everything works before the 30 day period is over.

2) Recalibrate the jog-wheels - They ALL need to be recalibrated as soon as you get it, there's a Sticky post created by Photojojo on how to do it. It takes all of 30 seconds.

Hope you love yours as much as I love mine .

making double for xmas eve and ny eve, will definitely put the money down for one of these bad boys.

cannot wait!
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by coldfuzion View Post
    congratulations . It's an awesome unit, and i would do exactly what photojojo said along with two other things!

Here's a quick checklist of stuff i'd do on my unit right away:
    1) make sure all the functions on the hardware are working correctly - this is because there are a couple units that are defective, so you want to make sure that everything works before the 30 day period is over.

2) recalibrate the jog-wheels - they all need to be recalibrated as soon as you get it, there's a sticky post created by photojojo on how to do it. It takes all of 30 seconds.

Hope you love yours as much as i love mine .
    thks...
    MBP----S4-----SONY MDR-V700

sebastiannz

the s4 is a great xmas present to yourself!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

And DON"T plug it into your computer until you've installed the software and updated it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Had a play for a couple of hours on a mates at a party on Saturday, it's .... okay.

Not sure if it was a lack of familiarity on my part, but it seems to make me more prone to big long flowing house style mixes, rather than the quicker stuff, and there were a few moments where captain fat fingers had issues with how closely some of the controls are to one another. Not saying it's bad, just not sure it's for me.

Managed to scratch a little on it, but still prefer a 2x1210 with a VCI100 SE as a mixer & decks C&D.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Had a play for a couple of hours on a mates at a party on Saturday, it's .... okay.

Not sure if it was a lack of familiarity on my part, but it seems to make me more prone to big long flowing house style mixes, rather than the quicker stuff, and there were a few moments where captain fat fingers had issues with how closely some of the controls are to one another. Not saying it's bad, just not sure it's for me.

Managed to scratch a little on it, but still prefer a 2x1210 with a VCI100 SE as a mixer & decks C&D.
    It's possible to make quick banger mix's. Just takes a leggit octopus ninja

how is it working ou for ya
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.