Software & Hardware set up
    Tech Wizard

Default Software & Hardware set up

I'm currently using Virtual DJ Pro Full with my desktop computer

Win7 32bit
    AMD Phenom II x3 2.8GHz over clocked and running at 3.4GHz
    M-Audio 1010lt pci sound card
    Intel X25-M SSD (80gig) with a 1TB storage drive.

And I have a few questions:
    Is Virtual DJ a good program to use to DJ? Vs Traktor and Serato?
    -and why is it most say little about VDJ?

I'm researching a new set up using a controller, either a Mac mini (any thoughts here?) or MBP (13" or 15"), and an M-Audio FTP. Everything should work with the desktops if I need to use them but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on this. I'm based at my club only so I don't need to be very mobile (MBP would be for home and school use). Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Tech Mentor

U can have like a million decks in VDJ....lol

I was a vdj user for two long years and it broke my heart the only good thing i found about it was the fact it let me know when it was going to crash. Who wants more than four decks ?? arranging the outputs on a soundcard would be an absolute nightmare. Sometimes hitting back space would make it crash. And i never trusted it with timecode. I even used it with the (at the time) specially designed numark virtual vinyl soundcard and still no high performance.

Changed to traktor last year and never looked back sure it has its very ocasional slip up but nothing serious i use it with my vci, timecode, mixdeck and audio 8 and no serious problums.

They both run on a sony vaio with 4gb ram and windows 7. That is used only for djing with.

It could be me but i hated vdj
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Wizard

It hasn't given me any problems since I ditched the bootlegged version the DJ I worked with gave me. The new version was pretty easy to set up with 4 decks; though they were all from the same (1010lt) sound card. Using the 1010lt and the Audio2 in a 4 deck set up was a great way to get distortion though. I agree, I had a vaio and it ran great. Is your Vaio the 2.2GHz CPU? how would you say the performance with your software and controller is?