2 questions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 questions.

Default 2 questions.

1. How many of you sync to the Master clock or do you sync to which ever tune is playing at the time?

2. Does anyone have coloured knobs on their Kontrol X1, I know they fit the S4 so I assume they fit the X1 too.

That's it.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

1) I sync to the track that is playing.

2) X1's are for losers!

i use 2 x1's and a vci-100SE and they are a great bit of kit in my opinion
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    i use 2 x1's and a vci-100SE and they are a great bit of kit in my opinion
    what benefit do you have with an X1 and the VCI-100. I have the 100 and not sure what you'd get with having an X1 as well, let alone 2! I'm pretty interested in how you'd use that set up together.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The X1 works great for getting rid of the shift button on the VCI and you can never have enough knobs and buttons.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I was mainly jesting about the X1, just looking for an excuse to call Pony a loser.

I'm still not sure how I'd use it with a VCI-100. I was looking at the X1 over the weekend though as was giving some thought to an external mixer as I'm still not 100% happy with the internal EQ's. I'm not sure if thats cause I'm used to ableton and making them extremely customisable or cause i'm used to external mixers and just adapted to them. Perhaps i just need to practise a bit more.

i bought the x1's first then a chance came up to buy a vci so i bought it as i want to sell my cdj1000's. The way im going to use them all together is use the vci to control the 4 decks then, the x1's give me direct access to all 8 cue points on each deck at a press of the 8 mapped buttons on it, also the effects section is really good on the x1's too aswell as the fader fx on the vci, im pretty new to using controllers so im still getting around them and figuring out which is the best way to use them all, but what ive said seems a good way to use them all to me for now,
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Oh my Davez!

External m!x0rZ ftw, Internal just doesn't cut it, I am so much happier now I have my new Mackie. The sound quality is better, the faders are nicer, the EQs are better....

The way I see it is that when you were mixing on Vinyl or CDJs you would want a decent mixer, not a gemini or a kam or some such, and the internal mixer in Traktor feels and sounds like a cheap mixer to me.

Also, when you are in da club, mixing externally means you can plug in to the clubs lovely Allen & Heath or Pioneer or Rane and happy daze, you have a lovely mixer to use.

Why take a crap mixer into a club that has a better mixer already in place?
    Tony the Pony.

Only thing I think I am gonna miss by mising externally and using an X1 is using the pitch/fader in conjunction with the FX as looking at spome of Ean's vids it can produce some cool effects.
    Tony the Pony.

my main external problem is space. At the mo I can pack my VCi up and its out the way. An external mixer will be much bigger and living in a one bed flat makes it tricky. Although I can see your point, in an ideal world I guess I'd rock a 4 channel mixer so I could have easy access to 4 channel mixing with traktor as thats something that bothers me with the VCI, its possible, but not as easy as I would like it to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast