Little springs under jog wheels

Default Little springs under jog wheels

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/10/0...l-vci-100-300/
    It says in that link there should be little springs under the jog wheel plates... but I don't have these. Is that a major problem?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Springs were added in later production runs so it shouldn't be a problem. Curious to know if you have the holes for the springs?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by mistertuckshop View Post
    It says in that link there should be little springs under the jog wheel plates... but I don't have these. Is that a major problem?
    Congratulations! Like me, you have one of the original batch of VCI-100SEs. The early models didn't have this spring, instead relying on the screws to complete the connection between the top plate and the jogwheel.

So long as you don't coat the screws with grease or locktite, or lose them, there's essentially no electrical difference.

Yeah, it's got holes for the springs.

We have had a few sent to us without springs, and holes for springs. I took the springs out of mine a while ago to see if I could notice any difference. The springs are not necessary. I have had mine out for over 6 months now, and I haven't bothered to put them back in.