Moldovers New Controller (pics) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

... so... Can Ean beat it? lol. What an amazing looking piece of gear. Excellent layout, creativity and sensibility i say! Is this the next step to the "Ultimate Controller"? Although it's missing just 2 things... Jog wheels

In Moldovers world and for most of the controllerist...jog wheels are its not required.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

god damn.... it looks sweet.... man I've been thinking in getting into ableton.. but still thinking about it....
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    its missing one thing Tekki, a drink holder
    That would be a waste of room that could be used to fit more midi controls !

Haha its a pretty sexy peice of kit - we saw the video but we have been holding back posting anything while we wait for more details from moldover.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    its missing one thing Tekki, a drink holder
    Dammit, totally forgot that one...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Coight View Post
    ... so... Can Ean beat it?
    I don't think it's a case of can Ean beat it or not...

If you ask me, Ean and Moldover are two completely different controllerists. Bottombasis is, Moldovers use of Ableton and Ean using Traktor.
    Moldover truly making live productions/remixes as that Ean is more using techniques that to me are closer to turntablists.

My two cents really.
    Last edited by tekki; 02-06-2009 at 02:03 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Moldover truly making live productions/remixes as that Ean is more using techniques that to me are closer to turntablists.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Knobs, faders, touchstrips, pads, arcade buttons, this control's got it all!
    Dont forget the roller mouse type ball in the middle .. is that what it is ?

Yups, it's a trackball!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I can see why he used a trackball. After a previous post I looked into several different trackpads, trying to figure their pinouts. Unless you harvested the entire control board it was not going to work. Then on top of that you'd have to code software to use the pad. The trackball removes all that work, as it's just basically a upside down ball mouse, that mechanically moves the sensors.

I am only worried, that the large trackball will not have very good sensitivity. Also, when using things like a trackpad or analog joystick, when the control is released, the device snaps back to center. I would really like to see him use the ball in a video.
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

and I thought the track ball was to play centipede in between sets.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast