The BIG Arduino MIDI controller thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Invaluable pieces of information that I could have used MONTHS ago!!! Good work Mil0!

Mods. . .Can we get this Stickied?

Default Direct MIDI over USB

So I finally got this working in Windows XP (looks to be a workaround for OSX as well). The following steps allow you to pass midi info via USB into your apps utilizing the Roland Serial to MIDI driver. This setup negates the need for an additional app running to convert serial to midi (i was using this program) I pulled the info from here: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/...num=1161023163

1. Uninstall your FTDI driver (look in the Arduino drivers folder for FTDIUNIN.exe and be sure to run it in Windows 2000 compatibility mode).

2. Download this and replace FTDIPORT.INF in your Arduino drivers folder

3. Plug in your Arduino and reinstall the now modified FTDI driver (direct it to your arduino drivers folder)

4. Download the Roland driver and install it. I unchecked the box that said something about "use multiple drivers" and left it set to COM 3

5. IMPORTANT!! Set your serial.baud rate in your sketch to 31250

6. Make sure your sketch is serial.printing in the appropriate MIDI format (many topics over in arduino forums)

7. Now open your app and direct it to the Roland MIDI IN

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    nice one! what kind of controller are you designing? how many analogues/buttons/etc?
    Its basically a midifighter (4x4 arcade button grid) with to sliders, a fader, and 2 thumbsticks (from an xbox 360 controller). Just have to get the code finished and the LED backlighting for the top 4 buttons. Im using a Arduino mega for the brain.

ah excellent! your code will serve well as the basis for other peoples controllers (if you'd care to share it?)

are the LED's going to be midi activated or activated electronically (when a button is pressed, completing a circuit)

Here's 8 analog pots going into a standard Midifighter through a CD4051B multiplexer.
    Better pictures in the Midifighter forum.

Last edited by Fatlimey; 01-20-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Here's 8 analog pots going into a standard Midifighter through a CD4051B multiplexer.
    This is near exactly what I've been trying to do. :eek:

. . .I think I just sharted in my pants a lil!

What's the max of inputs that can be used? Analog? Digital? How many can I add to a MF?

. . .Oh nevermind! . . I'm getting more and more excited and got more and more questions seeing this. . . .

Ordered my Arduino a week ago but still hasn't turned up lol (it's a clone from Hong Kong so delivery is slow).

My ultimate aim is to get some code running that's flexible enough in terms of inputs (analogues/digital/encoders/etc) that the whole DJTT community can download it and use it without too much tweaking. I'm also considering ordering a bunch of Arduino's, pre-programming them and then re-selling on here them so anyone who's scared of programming but good at design/building can get started straight away. (I don't plan on making a profit, just a few quid to cover postage)

Good Idea Milo.

I'm sure you will get a lot of interest.

Let me know when you get that arduino delevered because I've been thinking of getting the same one myself.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast