The BIG Arduino MIDI controller thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

This is quite handy:

http://arduinodrums.blogspot.com/201...d74hc4067.html

Basically you buy an Arduino and one of these: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9056 ($4.95) and you instantly get 16 analogue pots. The good thing about this mux pcb is that its really cheap and you can use multiple mux's... 64 pots should be feasible, if you're using an Arduino Mega, for less than Ģ50 in total (if you buy an Arduino Mega clone for Ģ20 like I did!)

I am using a arduino mega and making a custom MIDI fighter as a prototype for my own all in one controller Just doing it as an exercise to see whether I can do it.

I am making a controller featuring full LED feedback on 16 fully lit arcade buttons, 4 LED encoder and 2 super FX faders.

Should have it finished in time for late April
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

Tech Student

Hey Guys,

iīve just orderd my arduino mega clone... I would like to connect it to my DIY 4 Deck Transport/Loop Controller for Traktor iīve build with the pcb of an gamepad and an usb Keyboard. It Contains 4 Pots and 41 switches (16 Arcade Buttons and 25 smaller Buttons). That dosenīt worked that well (response, seamless pressed buttons, "jumping" values of the pots, no LED feedback..) and now i would like to try it in a better way

because of the fact, that i am absolutly not into programming im a bit scared about my "new" Idea.

Is it posible to connect the pots, buttons and as mutch leds as posible directly to the arduiono without multiplexers? And my other question: Do you think i could write the Code myself or is it too hard for a total noob?

Thanks for some replys!
    Last edited by manou; 04-06-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Tech Mentor

45 pins would be required for your setup, so the mega should work okay without using multiplexers.

As for coding it yourself... Do you know C++? Have you programmed before?

Tech Student

no... absolutely not Maybe a friend of mine could help me... I think iīm going to try it with this Tutorial

If i am using 45 Pins for my Controller, could i use the other 9 Pins for LEDīs? or is there an easy way to connect more LEDīs?

Tech Mentor

That tutorial is for creating libraries for use in the arduino environment.. NOT how to create a program for the arduino... A better tutorial would be: http://www.ladyada.net/learn/arduino/

As for leds, yep, you can use the remaining pins for leds... In order to get more you would use shift registers (such as a 74hc595).

Tech Mentor

Im gonna use an arduino for my project...i hope i can understand the code tho! what is the coding actually used to tell the arduino?
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Tech Mentor

You program the arduino in C/C++

Tech Mentor

Yeah but why do u need to program it
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Tech Mentor

How else is it going to do what you want it to do?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast