controller usb cable rusted by water
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default controller usb cable rusted by water

hi guys, i have a controller and the end of my USB cable got wet and i cant plug it into my computer, is there a way to fix it? i mean i know i have to cut it, but what else should i know? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gybp View Post
    hi guys, i have a controller and the end of my USB cable got wet and i cant plug it into my computer, is there a way to fix it? i mean i know i have to cut it, but what else should i know? thanks!
    Sorry if this sounds insulting ... BUY A NEW ONE! they cost all of $3/€3/£3

or if you are tight, use the one that came with your printer
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Tech Convert

sorry if this sounds insulting, but, The fucking cable is soldered at the side of the controller!!

Jesus, what kind of controller do you have? USB's have 4 points that need to be connect, just make sure they are properly hooked up and it might work? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gybp View Post
    sorry if this sounds insulting, but, The fucking cable is soldered at the side of the controller!!
    no need for that !

and you expect help ! perhaps buy a professional controller next time, firstly USB cables are normally nickel or gold plated that prevents rust, this sounds like a very cheap toy controller.

Secondly, use google for the USB cable outs ...it's not hard !

http://pinouts.ws/usb-pinout.html
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

A light emory cloth may get it clean enough.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

You could try spraying it down with Caig DeoxIT D-Series (pn DN5S-6N) or DE-OX-ID.
    2x SL-1200 M3D, Vestax PMC 07-Pro with P+G fader, Traktor Scratch Pro, Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Tech Wizard

cut it of and solder a new one?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Thats a tough one - all the rust removing solution i can think of just change the rust into something tougher - any chemists around?
    BTW your OP does not mention that it is stuck in the midi controller at all - so no surprises when people assume you are asking about cleaning your usb cable...

Tech Wizard

I'm betting its a mixtrack... don't know how to help out though sorry.

@the get professional gear comment
    Give the guy a break. Some of us are new to this and aren't ready to spend much on pro gear yet. Until I have paid gigs I'll be in the same boat with my total control.
    Wanted: Traktor Kontrol Z2

Current: Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Numark 5000 FX, Technics 1200 M3D, Technics 1200 MK2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Peavey XR 684, (2) MTX TP1200, Sony MDR-V700

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast